Old 31-03-2003, 09:08 PM
iris

Default Beginner at Gardening - inexpensively

Hello,

I have a 30 ft length area of soil on a patio area which is up against
a brick wall that I would like to plant some inexpensive, easy to
maintain, sturdy,colorful flowers/plants There is a rose bush against
the wall and a few other plants. The area is still somewhat bleak.
Califonia sandy soil and snails are plentiful because of the Ivy
growth around the outside paremeter of the home. Does anyone have any
ideas,suggestions, or successes ?

Thank you!
Beginning Gardener
Old 31-03-2003, 10:20 PM
animaux

Plants which reseed readily are what I use in areas like this. Guara
lindheimerii is an exceptional perennial plant which flowers all summer and
does not need water that often. They form a low hedge and sometimes are
evergreen.