Old 02-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Jorge B

Default Lark Greenhouse

I recently purchased one of these and it is in a sunny location and gets too
hot. I was wondering if anyone out there has any recommendations as to how
I can regulate the temperature in it. I just have it the way it comes and is
there any accessories that it needs to get it up n running?

Thanks
Jorge B

Old 03-04-2003, 03:20 AM
animaux

Aren't there any vents? My greenhouse gets to be about 150 degrees if I forget
to open it in the morning...oops, just did that today. Everything is okay. As
soon as I opened it up the air started moving.

This is what their website says:

http://www.larkbuilders.com/models.html

Greenhouse
If you are an avid backyard gardener or professional nurseryman, this is the
greenhouse for you. Built with the same rugged durability and strength of all
our buildings, this greenhouse is reasonably priced and versatile. The standard
unit comes with a galvanized steel frame, all bronze brazed joints, and is set
atop a floorless pressure treated 2x6 frame base that is termite proof and,
under normal conditions, will not rot. The exterior is covered with fiberglass
panels manufactured specifically to provide gardeners faster, more vigorous
plant growth and quicker starts on cuttings and seedlings. The professional
greenhouse fiberglass is available in aspen green or clear, has no shadowy,
unproductive hotspots, and blocks out many of the harmful ultra-violet rays of
the sun. The corners are finished with sun reflective silver aluminum,
eliminating hot spots even in the corners. The Lark Greenhouse is available in
sizes from 6x8 to12x24 and can be outfitted with an assorment of options to
satisfy any growing need. When you are in the market for a greenhouse, select
the one that has been impressing gardeners since 1973, the Lark Greenhouse.

Old 03-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Jorge B

there are two windows that I have been leaving open but its still about 100
degrees in there. Is that too much for the plants?

Old 04-04-2003, 01:56 AM
animaux

Yes, 100o is way too hot. You should look into buying a vent or an air mover or
an exhaust fan. If you do a search on evaporative cooling, you may be able to
build one yourself. You can also drape shade cloth over the top on the south
side.

On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:12:15 GMT, "Jorge B" wrote:

there are two windows that I have been leaving open but its still about 100
degrees in there. Is that too much for the plants?

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

[IMG] code is On

This gardening lark is damned hard work! Magwitch United Kingdom 9 09-04-2005 05:57 PM
whats with this gardening lark :-) Kate Morgan United Kingdom 4 20-03-2005 02:22 PM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Central Illinois Retail Greenhouse, Garden Center, and Nursery Business - For Sale by Owner Eades Greenhouse and Nursery Gardening 0 03-02-2003 09:15 PM
Ant-hostile greenhouse Vespaman Orchids 0 28-01-2003 04:26 PM