Old 19-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Kate Morgan

Default whats with this gardening lark :-)

you go out into the garden to do one job and end up doing summat else.
Take this morning for example, I go out to plant up some shrubs and end
up unravelling a dead lilac tree and some 3 years growth of Russian
Vine, I did win but only just :-)

kate
Old 19-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kate Morgan wrote:
you go out into the garden to do one job and end up doing summat else.
Take this morning for example, I go out to plant up some shrubs and end
up unravelling a dead lilac tree and some 3 years growth of Russian
Vine, I did win but only just :-)

Applied insanity, especially in spring. Still, it beats computing
(which also has the characteristic you describe).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 20-03-2005, 08:18 AM
a.c.

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Kate Morgan wrote:
you go out into the garden to do one job and end up doing summat

else.
Take this morning for example, I go out to plant up some shrubs and

end
up unravelling a dead lilac tree and some 3 years growth of Russian
Vine, I did win but only just :-)

Applied insanity, especially in spring. Still, it beats computing
(which also has the characteristic you describe).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Shopping usually has the same effect on me. Go for just bread, return
with 5 or 6 items... having forgotten the bread!
And it's not just supermarkets. Garden Centres too!
And I know I'm not alone, because I can remember working in a garden
centre many years back. Back then, we (the staff), when not immediately
distracted by a huge delivery, would approach anyone who might wander
in and enquire if we could be of any assistants. Off course, when I say
"we" I really mean mostly just me, because my colleagues didn't
really like dealing with customers. Anyhow, having given them the
guided tour and flowery upbeat image of all those plants they didn't
know about, they tended to buy considerably more than they had
planned.. and made a point of saying so.

Old 20-03-2005, 09:13 AM
JennyC

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Kate Morgan wrote:
you go out into the garden to do one job and end up doing summat else.
Take this morning for example, I go out to plant up some shrubs and end
up unravelling a dead lilac tree and some 3 years growth of Russian
Vine, I did win but only just :-)

Same here. Went out yesterday to plant 5 dahlias. Spent 3 hours pruning,
weeding, tiding up. then cleared a gutter of leaves, then swept the patio etc.
Spent about 10 minutes planting the dahlias :~)

Applied insanity, especially in spring. Still, it beats computing
(which also has the characteristic you describe).
Regards, Nick Maclaren.

LOL
thanks for the first smile of the day Nick :~)
Jenny

Old 20-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Broadback

Kate Morgan wrote:

you go out into the garden to do one job and end up doing summat else.
Take this morning for example, I go out to plant up some shrubs and end
up unravelling a dead lilac tree and some 3 years growth of Russian
Vine, I did win but only just :-)

Same here. Went out yesterday to plant 5 dahlias. Spent 3 hours pruning,
weeding, tiding up. then cleared a gutter of leaves, then swept the patio etc.
Spent about 10 minutes planting the dahlias :~)

Applied insanity, especially in spring. Still, it beats computing
(which also has the characteristic you describe).
Regards, Nick Maclaren.

LOL
thanks for the first smile of the day Nick :~)
Jenny

I am feeling very smug, I went out this morning to prepare for and plant
2 Espalier pears and 15 raspberries, I've just come in having completed
the job. Mind you if the plants had not been delivered and had to be
planted asap, maybe a different story.

Please do not email me at
All emails to that address are automatically
deleted before opening.

Whats Hot and Whats Not In Garden Centres This Year? [email protected] United Kingdom 0 15-07-2008 07:43 PM
This gardening lark is damned hard work! Magwitch United Kingdom 9 09-04-2005 05:57 PM
whats Perennials? Julia Altshuler Gardening 8 07-04-2003 03:44 PM
Lark Greenhouse Jorge B Gardening 3 04-04-2003 01:56 AM
Whats a "Troll" Annabel United Kingdom 11 25-03-2003 11:32 PM