Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Lynn A.

Default Pregnant alligator plant?

A friend gave me what she called "pregnant alligator" plants a
couple months ago. I've been trying to look up information about these
plants and can't find anything. Matches for "alligator plant" aren't
the same thing.
This plant has leaves that come to a point and I guess two of
them together could look like an alligator's jaws. The main identifying
trait of these plants though I would think is the way they reproduce.
Tiny babies, complete with roots, appear on the edges of the biggest
leaves. Then they drop off and my cat eats them, but I'm trying to get
around that!
Anyone recognize this plant and know it's real name so I can look
up information on it?

Many thanks,
Lynn