Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Shawn and Sarah

Default shade garden foundation plants

hi all,
I have been lurking around here for a while and am hoping that someone may
be able to make some suggestions. We have an area at the back of our yard
which is quite heavily shaded by three chinese elm trees and a privacy fence
and is currently barren of all plant forms. I am wanting to create a shade
garden in this area and already have an idea of shade loving perenials that
i can use. I would like to plant some shrubs/evergreens? as a backdrop. What
shrubs would thrive in these conditions?( I would like to use some of the
juniper shrubs but am doubtful that they would do well) We are in the texas
panhandle (zone 6B)and have alkaline clay soil though I have added a
considerable amount of compost and well rotted manure in preparation for
planting.
Any sugestions would be greatly welcomed
Sarah