Old 05-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Deb D.

Default Help identifying a flower

This flower is white, with 6 petals. It grows from a bulb and appears
to be either a weed or a wildflower. The leaves are similar to
daffodil leaves, being long and spear shaped. However, the leaves must
not have much celulose in them because they tend to be easily beaten
down with the rains.

The entire plant is only about 4 inches tall, and the height comes
from the flower stalks.

Every year it starts blooming in late March in the south east usa.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a link to a picture of
the flower.

Thank you!

http://debsgraphic.topcities.com/starflower.jpg
Old 05-04-2003, 06:32 PM
zxcvbob

Hi Deb,
Your link doesn't work, and your web host pops up a bunch of annoying
ads. :-( I can't even get to anything at "debsgraphic" without the 404
errors and popups.

Bob

Old 05-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Julie

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:13:35 -0600, zxcvbob
typed these words:

http://debsgraphic.topcities.com/starflower.jpg

Add an 's.'
It's debsgraphics.
I'm amazed I figured that out.
It's a - - - dammit! My wildflower Audubon's gone missing!
AAARRRGGGHH!! That's my favorite book!

It'll probably turn up right where I left it but till them I'm
stressed. I call that a starflower; I had them in my yard in TN and
here in KY have seen them in the woods. Pretty little thing, ain't
it?

Julie
Old 05-04-2003, 09:20 PM
zxcvbob

Julie wrote:

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:13:35 -0600, zxcvbob
typed these words:

http://debsgraphic.topcities.com/starflower.jpg

Add an 's.'
It's debsgraphics.
I'm amazed I figured that out.
It's a - - - dammit! My wildflower Audubon's gone missing!
AAARRRGGGHH!! That's my favorite book!

It'll probably turn up right where I left it but till them I'm
stressed. I call that a starflower; I had them in my yard in TN and
here in KY have seen them in the woods. Pretty little thing, ain't
it?

Julie

Ornithogalum. I'm not sure which species, maybe O. chionophilum (sp?).

Bob
Old 06-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Deb D.

Oops sorry about the mistyped url folks. I knew I should have checked
that.
Thanks Julie, that's what I named them too.

BTW, can anyone tell me how I can add this group to OE accounts so I
can access them with OE?
I am posting through google groups at the moment.

Deb

Old 06-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Julie

On 5 Apr 2003 16:33:15 -0800, (Deb D.) typed
these words:

Oops sorry about the mistyped url folks. I knew I should have checked
that.
Thanks Julie, that's what I named them too.

BTW, can anyone tell me how I can add this group to OE accounts so I
can access them with OE?
I am posting through google groups at the moment.

Deb

Um... I /think/ OE has a show - all groups setting. Then you would
scroll to rec.gardens and double click, or right-click and select
"add."

www.forteinc.com has a nifty free newsreader (I'm using the paid
version), if you're feeling adventurous.

Personally I don't trust any of the microsloth products (like OE) for
websurfing, they're too prone to holes that let virii and other
nasties in.

HTH

Julie

PS if my OE guesses don't work, and no-one else steps up, I'll be glad
to try again.