Old 20-03-2006, 01:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
readandpostrosie

Default urine?

(out of lurkdom)
does anyone here think that human urine is a deterrent to deer?
we have a lot of deer around here, and i would like to start planting some
flowering bushes, but not for their breakfast!

thanks,
rosie

ps. this is one informative newsgroup!

Old 20-03-2006, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
(out of lurkdom)
does anyone here think that human urine is a deterrent to deer?
we have a lot of deer around here, and i would like to start planting some
flowering bushes, but not for their breakfast!

As one of my professors in college used to say, "Try and find out, then
report back to us."

Otherwise just use blood meal.

-S

Old 20-03-2006, 02:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
readandpostrosie

"Snooze" wrote in message
. com...

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
(out of lurkdom)
does anyone here think that human urine is a deterrent to deer?
we have a lot of deer around here, and i would like to start planting
some flowering bushes, but not for their breakfast!

As one of my professors in college used to say, "Try and find out, then
report back to us."

Otherwise just use blood meal.

-S

i thought folks were saying that BLOOD MEAL didn't work?

Old 20-03-2006, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message

"Snooze" wrote in message
. com...

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
(out of lurkdom)
does anyone here think that human urine is a deterrent to deer?
we have a lot of deer around here, and i would like to start planting
some flowering bushes, but not for their breakfast!

As one of my professors in college used to say, "Try and find out, then
report back to us."

Otherwise just use blood meal.

-S

i thought folks were saying that BLOOD MEAL didn't work?

Everything works for a while, and then it doesn't. Blood meal will lose
potency after a while. And, isn't it a source of nitrogen, too? Not all
plants appreciate that, at least not on a constant basis. So, if the blood
meal loses its scent and you have to keep reapplying it, you may be
bothering your plants.

Old 20-03-2006, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

for hungry deer, probably not.
what works best is electric wire.
8 foot fence with razor wire on top.
a double fence, higher on inside
laying wire fencing down around the beds so they would have to walk (not reach) over
it works. use more open wire, like 4 x 4 wire so their hooves go thru the wire they
feed the wire against their legs and it spooks them may work.
Ingrid

"readandpostrosie" wrote:
i thought folks were saying that BLOOD MEAL didn't work?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com

Old 20-03-2006, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Devonshire

On the day of Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:45:11 GMT...
"readandpostrosie"
typed these letters:

(out of lurkdom)
does anyone here think that human urine is a deterrent to deer?
we have a lot of deer around here, and i would like to start planting some
flowering bushes, but not for their breakfast!

thanks,
rosie

ps. this is one informative newsgroup!

The opposite is probably more likely. A territorial
buck might hang out to find out who's ****ing on his territory.
If the urine came from a female during her period a buck may hang out
for other reasons. I see deer all the time but have never had
them bother bushes. Deer do love my persimmon trees and
they can have all of the persimmons they want. Look around and
see what types of flowers and shrubs other people have in the area
that survive. They will probably be the plants that deer have no
interest in.

Devonshire
Old 20-03-2006, 05:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rolling Thunder

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:45:11 GMT, "readandpostrosie"
wrote:

(out of lurkdom)
does anyone here think that human urine is a deterrent to deer?
we have a lot of deer around here, and i would like to start planting some
flowering bushes, but not for their breakfast!

thanks,
rosie

ps. this is one informative newsgroup!

Try human hair.

Thunder
Old 22-04-2006, 04:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
gardenlen

g'day,

well i would say yes it is a deterrant to foxes and dogs, so guess
lots of animals would steer clear of it. i think i read somewhere that
it could be used for dear? not sure we don't have that problem here.

len

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len