Old 08-04-2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default When should redbud blossom?

Hello,

Yesterday I planted an eastern redbud tree. Okay, it's an eastern
redbud *twig*. It's about 4 feet tall and 1/2 inch thick, several
branches but no leaves now. In how many years should it show its first
blossom? In how many years should it "fill out"?

Thank you very much!

Ted Shoemaker
Madison, Wisconsin, US

USDA zone 4/5
AHS heat zone 4/5
Sunset zone 43

Old 09-04-2006, 01:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

you will be amazed. redbuds around here bloom on little saplings around now
(I'm in a warm zone 6b - 7a) so up there I'd say nearer the first part of
May?? don't put too much mulch around it, semi-shady to half a day sun and
stand back. It might bloom for you sporatically next spring. here in
Eastern Tennessee the woods are lit up with the glow of the pirkleness of
them (next will be the white dogwoods!!) so a cold snap around here right
now is called...................."Redbud winter" no joke.
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee where one only has to dig up a redbud from the
sides of the roads if you want one (I have a Forest Pansy, which is a dark
leafed one) zone 7, Sunset zone 36
ups.com...

Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
morninglori

Ted,
Our Redbuds have already come and gone about a month ago (zone 7 Texas)
They are one of the first trees to bloom and they bloom before they get
any leaves. Dogwoods come second. It should show its first blossom the
first year unless it has planting shock, then it won't bloom til next
year. Just keep it alive and happy and it's be about 1 foot taller by
next spring and bloom for you.
Lori

Old 29-04-2006, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

I planted a redbud tree a few weeks ago, and it hasn't done anything
yet. Let's assume it suffered transplant shock. No leaves, no buds,
nothing. How long should I wait until I decide it's died? Or is there
some way to tell already?

Thank you.

Ted Shoemaker, certified gray thumb
Madison, Wisconsin, US

USDA zone 4/5
AHS heat zone 4/5
Sunset zone 43

[IMG] code is On

Apple Blossom After A Shower - Apple Blossom.JPG [email protected] Garden Photos 0 14-04-2011 02:48 PM
Blossom tree with 2 types of blossom Jo[_5_] United Kingdom 5 11-04-2011 06:38 PM
Redbud tree in full sun ok? animaux Gardening 2 30-04-2003 12:20 AM
Redbud question spampot Gardening 4 20-04-2003 05:44 PM
Planting a Redbud? whit Texas 5 12-04-2003 08:20 PM