Old 11-04-2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Default Sparaxis in Texas

I planted some last fall and they have grown and bloomed (cute little
guys. Halequin Flowers?) but I was curious as to whether they will
continue to bloom or can be stimulated to do so. I have been pinching
the flower stalks off after the blooms seem spent and dry. Any other
tips welcome.

oh - D/FW area (8b? - Sunset 33?)

thanx in advance!

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 13-04-2006, 05:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:
I planted some last fall and they have grown and bloomed (cute little
guys. Halequin Flowers?) but I was curious as to whether they will
continue to bloom or can be stimulated to do so. I have been pinching
the flower stalks off after the blooms seem spent and dry. Any other
tips welcome.

oh - D/FW area (8b? - Sunset 33?)

thanx in advance!

Carl
1 Lucky Texan

Sorry, Carl, but Sparaxis will not bloom again this year.
The foliage will turn brown and then disappear, like daffodils.
Deadheading as with other bulbs will direct the energy to
replenishing the bulbs. Sometimes I leave a flower to form
some seeds, increasing the number of plants.
Yes they are very pretty and bright. Mine are just now blooming
here in Nor Cal. due to all the cold and RAIN.
I am thinking of building an ark.
Emilie
NorCal

Old 13-04-2006, 05:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

mleblanca wrote:
Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

[...]

Thanx for replying. It appears mine are just about finished blooming. I
did deadhead some but may leave these last few blooms to see if some
re-seeding may hlp 'fill in' the area. They are nice flowers. I even had
one red bloom with 2 white petals! very odd!

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

[IMG] code is On

Sparaxis e+d[_2_] Garden Photos 0 11-05-2009 04:32 PM
picking a small tree in Austin Texas James Lawns 1 19-03-2003 12:44 AM
Natives of Texas (URL) animaux Texas 8 25-02-2003 03:29 PM
Recommendations for Texas? DFStoneJr Roses 4 31-01-2003 05:21 PM
[AD] Caretaker Wanted in Texas Pat McDonald Permaculture 0 31-12-2002 04:54 PM