Old 06-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered User

Default Hard Ground problems and stumps

I recently cut down all trees n bushes at the side of mum and dads house for me to lay turf down, its left big stumps that iv tried rotting but nothinks happened.Does any one know how to get rid of the stumps plz?

Its been about 3 months since i cut the bushes down so the ground has gone rock hard, whats will be the best way to to lay turf down. im only 18 so im still living at home so i aint that good at gardening. If any one can help plz do so. tar
Old 06-05-2006, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

In article ,
pbuddy06 wrote:

I recently cut down all trees n bushes at the side of mum and dads house
for me to lay turf down, its left big stumps that iv tried rotting but
nothinks happened.Does any one know how to get rid of the stumps plz?

Its been about 3 months since i cut the bushes down so the ground has
gone rock hard, whats will be the best way to to lay turf down. im only
18 so im still living at home so i aint that good at gardening. If any
one can help plz do so. tar

Drill a 1 inch hole in each stump. Fill the hole with Salt Peter
aka Sodium Nitrate and let sit a year. Then burn it. You may need a
permit?

I just let stumps rot a slower form of oxidation ) but I'm dealing
with oak not cedar.

My brother never cut down trees he always digs them out. That way you
can leverage the tree to pop it out. Come alongs mean anything to you?
Sounds like a lot of toil but over time it is not too bad.

If you want quick results you need energy or money in one form or
another.

Bill

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade