Old 13-05-2006, 09:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
tenplay

Default Plum tree shoots growing like crazy

We have a large plum tree in the middle of our front garden. Its shoots
are growing up out of the ground all over the place within a 15 foot
radius. They emerge out of the ground in the garden and also the lawn.
I try to dig them up with a shovel but it is a never ending struggle.
Any ideas on how I might be able to stop their growth? Thanks.

Old 16-05-2006, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
tenplay

Dwayne wrote:
I just mow then off.

Dwayne

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
We have a large plum tree in the middle of our front garden. Its shoots
are growing up out of the ground all over the place within a 15 foot
radius. They emerge out of the ground in the garden and also the lawn. I
try to dig them up with a shovel but it is a never ending struggle. Any
ideas on how I might be able to stop their growth? Thanks.

That works ok on the lawn but it's the ones in the garden that are
really hard to get rid of.
Old 17-05-2006, 01:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Dig them up, if the plums are good eating, and give them to the neighbors to
plant. Better yet, have them come over and dig them up under your
supervision.

Dwayne

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
Dwayne wrote:
I just mow then off.

Dwayne

. ..

Old 18-05-2006, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
kate

Dwayne wrote:
Dig them up, if the plums are good eating, and give them to the neighbors to
plant. Better yet, have them come over and dig them up under your
supervision.

Dwayne

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..

Dwayne wrote:

I just mow then off.

Dwayne

"tenplay" wrote in message
om...

We have a large plum tree in the middle of our front garden. Its shoots
are growing up out of the ground all over the place within a 15 foot
radius. They emerge out of the ground in the garden and also the lawn.
I try to dig them up with a shovel but it is a never ending struggle.
Any ideas on how I might be able to stop their growth? Thanks.

That works ok on the lawn but it's the ones in the garden that are really
hard to get rid of.

Not the advice you're looking for, but a post office near me has a plum
tree that does the same thing and they've landscaped it so the shoots
becames shrubs. It's really pretty.

Kate