Old 15-05-2006, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default How to find best gardeners?

Hello,

We would like to know your opinion about the methods and criteria
consumers use when selecting a service.
Please, complete this short and simple survey, only 8 questions, no
registration nor personal data required to submit.

Every opinion will be taken into consideration.

thank you
http://shareyourview.net/forms/bor.php

Old 15-05-2006, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

We would like to know your opinion about the methods and criteria
consumers use when selecting a service.
Please, complete this short and simple survey, only 8 questions, no
registration nor personal data required to submit.

Every opinion will be taken into consideration.

thank you
http://shareyourview.net/forms/bor.php

Taken into consideration for WHAT?

Old 15-05-2006, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

We would like to know your opinion about the methods and criteria
consumers use when selecting a service.
Please, complete this short and simple survey, only 8 questions, no
registration nor personal data required to submit.

Every opinion will be taken into consideration.

Taken into consideration for WHAT?

A poorly made marketing survey that attempts to gather information on how
consumers select a business to provide a service. They claim they're going
to use this information to create some new consumer portal.
(Read as an advertising based replica of the yellow pages or
http://local.yahoo.com)

Old 15-05-2006, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

om...

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

We would like to know your opinion about the methods and criteria
consumers use when selecting a service.
Please, complete this short and simple survey, only 8 questions, no
registration nor personal data required to submit.

Every opinion will be taken into consideration.

Taken into consideration for WHAT?

A poorly made marketing survey that attempts to gather information on how
consumers select a business to provide a service. They claim they're going
to use this information to create some new consumer portal.
(Read as an advertising based replica of the yellow pages or
http://local.yahoo.com)

And, it wants to set a cookie, which in this case, serves only them, not the
visitor.

Old 15-05-2006, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Garden Gnome

Snooze wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

wrote in message
roups.com...

Hello,

We would like to know your opinion about the methods and criteria
consumers use when selecting a service.
Please, complete this short and simple survey, only 8 questions, no
registration nor personal data required to submit.

Every opinion will be taken into consideration.

Taken into consideration for WHAT?

A poorly made marketing survey that attempts to gather information on how
consumers select a business to provide a service. They claim they're going
to use this information to create some new consumer portal.
(Read as an advertising based replica of the yellow pages or
http://local.yahoo.com)

Yes, it was poorly designed and unless they are planning something like
epinions likely of little use. I did it just because I was bored. A
toss away account helps It's drizzling out so I can't get much done
in the garden right now. If there is enough break in the weather, I'll
be planting beans today. We got the tomatoes in the ground yesterday.

--

Garden Gnome
http://ca.360.yahoo.com/sfg.oamc

Old 15-05-2006, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

In article .com,
wrote:

We do not plan to make any replicas simply beacuse we find that the
current offerings may just not be what the consumer is really looking
for. Tht's where the idea came from. Are you really 100% satisfied with
i.e.
http://local.yahoo.com? Can't really imagine you could be.

Why do you find the survey poor? Do you mean the basic layout?

As for the cookie, it suits only one purpose - to find out how many
people allow cookies... Nothing more. You must have spotted that NO
personal data is required to submit the survey, it's really only about
statistics, trends, opinions.

Spam

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 15-05-2006, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

What do you mean with spam?

Old 16-05-2006, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

On Mon, 15 May 2006 12:15:30 -0700, busik7 wrote:

What do you mean with spam?

Your home page lacks content and the only other page your site contains is
your survey. Looks like a fancy way of harvesting email addresses if you
ask me. Your survey lacks a privacy statement and your whois information
states that you have Private Registration. Sounds like a scam........

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/
Old 16-05-2006, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote in message
oups.com...
We do not plan to make any replicas simply beacuse we find that the
current offerings may just not be what the consumer is really looking
for. Tht's where the idea came from. Are you really 100% satisfied with
i.e. http://local.yahoo.com? Can't really imagine you could be.

Why do you find the survey poor? Do you mean the basic layout?

As for the cookie, it suits only one purpose - to find out how many
people allow cookies... Nothing more. You must have spotted that NO
personal data is required to submit the survey, it's really only about
statistics, trends, opinions.

Cookies *do* allow you to target advertising. Basically harmless, but it's
of no benefit to many people who visit the site.

Old 17-05-2006, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

Your home page lacks content and the only other page your site contains is
your survey.

That's correct, the site is new and we do not intend to put some ads to
the starting page just to evade having it empty.

Looks like a fancy way of harvesting email addresses if you

ask me.

Damn, we give up, you busted us! ;-) Think, why should we harvest
emails by creating a site where email field is AN OPTION? Believe me, I
know hundreds of ways I could use to collect myriads of emails if I
wanted to. But I don't need any.

Your survey lacks a privacy statement and your whois information
states that you have Private Registration.

You got a point here, we will add this statement. See, that is the
valuable info we are looking for, not your email.
Private registration is not yet forbidden, is it? First, we have just
started; second, nobody said the service would be placed on that
domain.

Sounds like a scam........

Sorry to read that. The simple layout and all contact options meant to
stand for visibility and honesty. Why do you assume the final service
would look anything like the survey? But this is also a valuable
information, next time we will spend that mere couple of hours on a
fancy design, if that is really needed to earn some credibility...

Cookies *do* allow you to target advertising. Basically harmless, but it's
of no benefit to many people who visit the site.

Yeah, we will use the cookies to spam you forever, especially those who
did not leave their emails! ;-) (In fact I really regret now having
included this email field to the survey, I think we will remove it)

Uh, and there is one more thing: do you really believe any spammer
would spend any time explaining the idea behind this short and simple
survey to you? :-)

cheers

Old 17-05-2006, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote in message
ups.com...

Uh, and there is one more thing: do you really believe any spammer
would spend any time explaining the idea behind this short and simple
survey to you? :-)

Based on the responses you've gotten, it's obvious that even if your purpose
is a noble one, you've failed. You do realize that, right? Don't try and
pass the blame to anyone else. This is like advertising. Your opinion of
your work is worthless. Only the opinion of the audience matters.

Old 17-05-2006, 11:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

I am not blaming anyone, why should I? We have already gathered notable
and credible feedback, but I realize that skeptics' opinions may
sometimes be even more valuable than those coming from enthusiasts, so
that is why I really wanted to know what could have been done better.
That is exactly the idea behind the potential consumer portal.

Old 17-05-2006, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am not blaming anyone, why should I? We have already gathered notable
and credible feedback, but I realize that skeptics' opinions may
sometimes be even more valuable than those coming from enthusiasts, so
that is why I really wanted to know what could have been done better.
That is exactly the idea behind the potential consumer portal.

Ah.....the truth comes out. It's going to be one of those lame-ass
"portals". You buy a domain name that people are likely to guess at. They go
to the site, get some weird looking page that contains nothing but links,
and then they leave, if they have any brains at all. I've always wondered
about those.

Old 18-05-2006, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

This one is good, you made my day! :-)

Lame-ass, huh? Let me explain to you Mr. expert what you actually
meant. Spam sites gain visitors because they either have very good
type-in domain with some keyword in, or use typo domain and/or are
optimized for search engine spamming. Nowadays 95% of those spam sites
use only the last method, as the type-in domains are now very, very
expensive, and they don't need emails nor user opinions, nor group
postings to lure visitors to their spam sites. Modern spam is not
social (at least not the most effective one), it's all about search
engines :-) This survey has NOTHING to do with spam, infiltration,
spying, targeted marketing, sabotage, espionage etc.

Ok, this is getting a bit ridiculous, so I will not discuss it any
further unless something really valuable is posted, although I
wouldn't like this thread to be left with an unanswered post like
"Scam!" I don't have that much free time to reply to each of the
funny accusations :-).
Thank you very much for your responses, we really appreciate your time.

cheers