Old 16-05-2006, 11:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoAnne

Default zone what?

I was wondering if someone knows of a site or something whereby I can tell
what zone I'm living in.....(Canada)

thanks
JoAnne

Old 17-05-2006, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hal

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html
Old 17-05-2006, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Garden Gnome

JoAnne wrote:

I was wondering if someone knows of a site or something whereby I can tell
what zone I'm living in.....(Canada)

thanks
JoAnne

Here is the map for the plant hardiness zones for Canada. I'm not sure
where you are at but just click on your area then narrow it down from
there. HTH
http://nlwis-snite1.agr.gc.ca/plant00/index.phtml

--

Garden Gnome
http://ca.360.yahoo.com/sfg.oamc
Old 17-05-2006, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross

JoAnne wrote:
I was wondering if someone knows of a site or something whereby I can tell
what zone I'm living in.....(Canada)

thanks
JoAnne

The latest edition of Sunset's Western Garden Book extends its zone
mapping system into the southern portions of British Columbia and
Alberta. This system takes into account not only winter chill but also
such climate issues as the length of growing season, summer heat, winds,
and when the rainy season occurs. For some areas, it even takes into
account how atmospheric moisture from the ocean moderates the intensity
of sunlight.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
into your E-mail? Use PGP.
See my http://www.rossde.com/PGP/

Old 18-05-2006, 12:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoAnne

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question (and so quicly too!), I think
I've got it now

JoAnne