Old 17-02-2003, 04:15 AM
Phisherman

Default patching grass for new homeowner

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 03:30:09 GMT, "Me"
wrote:

I accidently patched my lawn with ryegrass when I should have patched it
with fescue. I cut the ryegrass out and lost some dirt in the process.

When I seed the lawn, I want to make sure the end result is a level lawn.
Should I even it out with topsoil? Would I be better off grabbing some dirt
from the rose garden and leveling it before I mix the topsoil and seed?

Also, is their any type of top soil in particular that would go well with
dwarf fescue seed?

Any comments, suggestions would help.
Thanks.

Most any kind of soil that doesn't have weed seeds in it will work
fine. Level the areas as best you can using a bow rake. Be generous
with the seed and protect it and keep it moist until it sprouts.
Straw is about the best thing for seed germination as it keeps the
ground moist and can help hide the seed from hungry birds.

[IMG] code is On

New Homeowner needs advice: Lawnmower for Bermuda grass Neil Lawns 9 18-03-2005 06:22 AM
New Homeowner needs advice: Lawnmower for Bermuda grass Neil Gardening 10 18-03-2005 06:22 AM
patching the liner a lot bjt Ponds 1 14-03-2004 03:52 PM
Patching Lawn Anthony Gardening 2 11-10-2003 02:22 PM
new homeowner--grass question Good Golly Gardening 2 02-07-2003 05:56 AM