Old 28-05-2006, 06:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Red blistering leaves of Dwarf Peach tree

Each year the leaves of my dwarf peach tree develope red blisters.
I took a leaf to a local garden shop and they didn't know how it was
happening. I can send a picture if needed.

Old 28-05-2006, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
betsyb

wrote in message
oups.com...
Each year the leaves of my dwarf peach tree develope red blisters.
I took a leaf to a local garden shop and they didn't know how it was
happening. I can send a picture if needed.

Sure you can, post it he
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

BetsyB

Old 28-05-2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

Try this http://www.caf.wvu.edu/kearneysville/wvufarm8b.html. or
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2209.htm My guess from this
distance would be Bacterial Spot.

Old 28-05-2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Thanks for the reply. Its not Bacterial Spot there's no white center,
no shot look.
It starts as a green blister, that turns red. I post a picture on
alt.binariies.pictures.gardens

Old 28-05-2006, 08:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Can't find alt.binaries.pictures.gardens on Google

Old 29-05-2006, 06:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Plant Info

Yes, please send a pic to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. In the meantime,
search the Web for a disease called Peach Leaf Curl.

suzy o., zone 5, wisconsin
oups.com...

Old 29-05-2006, 10:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Emery Davis

On 28 May 2006 11:52:43 -0700
wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Its not Bacterial Spot there's no white center,
no shot look.
It starts as a green blister, that turns red. I post a picture on
alt.binariies.pictures.gardens

Is it this?

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3006.html

Hard to imagine a reputable nursery that couldn't identify leaf curl,
but you never know.

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 29-05-2006, 11:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Ya that's what it is Leaf Curl. Seems the tree has bacterial spot as
well.

Thanks to all for the help.

Old 29-05-2006, 01:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sodbuster7!

What you are describing is Peach Leaf Curl. The pictures displayed in
some of the postings are extreme cases, and likely as not yours will
not be this pronounced. Some peach varieties are less susceptible to
the disease than others.

Regardless, to what commercial chemicals manufactures advertise as a
cure. I have found, over the years, dealing with this disease, there
is only one satisfactory cure I have found. It is Copper, and must be
applied during dormancy. I use Ortho brand, and the name of it is
"Copper". I have used other fungicides but with only limited success.

I apply it twice a year, once after leaf fall, and again just before
bud swell.

If there is only a few leaves that are infected, harvest(pick) them
and get them away from the tree. Sometimes you can limit the spread
until dormit spraying time.

Have a good day-SodB!

Old 29-05-2006, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sally

Default peach leaf curl - how late is too late?

We have a tree that's had this about 3 seasons now. I don't think there's a
healthy leaf on this thing now and are considering taking it down.

Is it worth trying to save it by treating for it now? Or should we just go
ahead and chop it down?

Sally

Old 30-05-2006, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

if it was a good peach, treat it. Ingrid

"Sally" wrote:

We have a tree that's had this about 3 seasons now. I don't think there's a
healthy leaf on this thing now and are considering taking it down.

Is it worth trying to save it by treating for it now? Or should we just go
ahead and chop it down?

Sally

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan
Old 30-05-2006, 06:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu

Sally,
Have you sprayed with any fungicide, as suggested? You don't mention the age
of
the tree. Is it continuing to bear fruit?

Sherwin D.

Old 30-05-2006, 11:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sally

The tree's probably about 5 or 6 years old. It hasn't borne fruit in the
last few years because of the curl, and no, never treated it.

Sally

Old 30-05-2006, 03:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lacustral

Default grafting onto black cherry

is there somebody I can contact in Nafex to ask about grafting onto black
cherries? I found two references online, which have more or less
contradictory info:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...5&ie=UTF-8

says that various different cherry grafts were tried on wild black cherry
and they didn't work. They don't seem to have tried a sweet cherry graft,
though, but sour cherries.

http://delta.ulib.org/ulib/data/moa/...b00/9/data.txt

seems to indicate you can use wild black cherries as the rootstock and it
will make the tree grow tall ...

Laura

[IMG] code is On

dwarf vs. ultra dwarf fruit trees Me Gardening 4 11-11-2008 08:42 PM
dwarf peach trees storm United Kingdom 3 11-05-2006 05:10 PM
Dwarf Apple & Dwarf Avocada Tree Questions JorgNS Gardening 2 01-02-2005 04:52 AM
Beautiful dwarf peach... Matthew Durkin United Kingdom 5 24-07-2004 06:02 PM
Plants causing skin blistering - in UK (not just nettles!) Dave Plant Science 8 10-06-2004 11:06 PM