Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-05-2006, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pete E. Kruzer

Default POOR CUTTING TORO QUESTION

I have a Toro 22" recycler with the automatic pace yourself drive
system. I sent this email to Toro.

The above model Toro starts fine, runs fine, but doesn't cut worth a
damn. It is the worst cutting of the mowers I've owned (two Lawnboys,
and another Toro 2 cycle Suzuki engine.) This new mower is fine as long
as you go forward, but if you stop, or ESPECIALLY put the mower
backwards, it leaves large clumps of grass. And never pulling it
backwards is not possible. I keep the underside clean. I was wondering
if there was an upgrade on the blade or something that would prevent
this problem. To be honest with you, I wish I had never purchased this
mower. Just because of its poor cutting.

Among the answers from Toro was this one:

-Set the cutting height on the front wheels one notch lower than the
rear wheels. (i.e., set the front wheels at 2 inches and the rear
wheels at 2 3/8 inches.)

What's the logic behind this suggestion??

[IMG] code is On

Lawn Mower Tractor dilemma ; TORO 16-38HXL or Yard-Man AN 5150K David Lawns 1 24-02-2005 05:51 PM
32" Toro Mower for Sale Barry Lawns 0 19-08-2004 05:23 PM
cutting back on cutting back Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 23-09-2003 12:04 AM
Toro Timecutter Z? j roberts Lawns 1 09-05-2003 02:08 PM
Lawn sprayers for Toro Robt Lawns 4 01-05-2003 07:44 PM