Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2006, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Christine D

Default Something growing on my Oak tree (not acorns)

Hi everyone,
I'm a new member, and this is my first post, so excuse me if I break any
"rules".

My husband was out in the front yard earlier today and came in to tell me
that something was growing on one of our two Oak trees. They don't look
*ANYTHING* like acorns, and I don't believe the trees are old enough to grow
acorns anyway.

As far as I can tell, the trees are probably somewhere between 10-15 years
old...I doubt they are any older... They were transplanted from the forest
about between 5-8 years ago by our home's original owner. I'm not exactly
sure of the time frame, but we've been here 4 years, so I'm going from
there...

Anyhow, if someone could take a look at the picture I've uploaded to my
photobucket site and see if they look familiar to you, and if so, what are
they??? They seem to be actually growing on the tree, and look, as my
husband so elegantly put it, like "little green alien eggs".

Here's the link
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...7/IMG_3362.jpg

Christine