Old 08-06-2006, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine

Default Lupines not standing up?

Does anyone has experience with Lupines? Mine appear to be healthy otherwise
but most of the leaves are just laying over. They are in a partially shaded
area. Lack of light maybe? These are new plants put in last of March. Older
leaves are flopping over. New ones are pretty much standing.
Thanks, Elaine

Old 09-06-2006, 04:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jackie

--

Hi,
My lupines have full sun. I keep soil a little on the dry side.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine

Hi Jackie and thanks for responding. Mine are getting good morning light and
a couple hours in the evening.
I guess about 4/5 hrs total. I am wondering if I should try moving them
while they are still young. I understand
they do not like to be transplanted due to long tap root when mature.
I may be watering to much. They are near the pond waterfall and I have been
watering along with the other
plants. If they like drier soil I will try skipping over them first. Hate to
move them this late in the season.
What colors are yours? These are the Russell hybrid. Yellow and blue. I love
them and really want them
to make it.
Elaine
"Jackie" wrote in message