Old 12-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Robert Coventry

Default Peppercorn Trees from cuttings?

Can peppercorn trees be grown from cuttings?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Cereoid-XXX

What are peppercorn trees?

Are you alluding to Schinus areira from Australia?

Peppercorns are the fruit of the tropical Piper nigrum vine. That is the
source of black pepper.

http://www.spiceskerala.com/pepper.htm

om...

Old 12-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Robert Coventry

"Cereoid-XXX" wrote in message om...
What are peppercorn trees?

Are you alluding to Schinus areira from Australia?

I think so, it sounds familiar, I haven't been able to match that
name with a photo in any book I've seen so I can't be sure. They are
very common around old railway stations in Victoria, and in some
country towns.

Old 12-04-2003, 11:56 PM
sandra

I am sooooo curious to know about this vine and what zone are you
planning to grow it in. Please let me know!
regards,
Sandra
Old 13-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Cereoid-XXX

Schinus areira is a weed tree in Australia.

Look in a book on Australian weeds.