Old 27-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Registered User

Default North facing garden

I live in the South East of England, and my front garden, is north facing and mostly in shade - thanks to the house!
I want to plant a smallish tree in it, say about 6 - 7 ft from the house, preferably one with attaractive flowering, such as a clematis. What would be the best one to go for?
Old 27-06-2006, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner

In article ,
wme69 wrote:

I live in the South East of England, and my front garden, is north
facing and mostly in shade - thanks to the house!
I want to plant a smallish tree in it, say about 6 - 7 ft from the
house, preferably one with attaractive flowering, such as a clematis.
What would be the best one to go for?

I'd look at Stewardia.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...result&cd=1 &
q=stewartia&spell=1

Have fun!

Bill

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 28-06-2006, 03:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Mindful

"wme69" wrote in message

I live in the South East of England, and my front garden, is north
facing and mostly in shade - thanks to the house!
I want to plant a smallish tree in it, say about 6 - 7 ft from the
house, preferably one with attaractive flowering, such as a clematis.
What would be the best one to go for?

--
wme69

Clematis is a vine, not a tree. It needs sun to grow and bloom.