Old 03-07-2006, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Marilyn

Default Narcissus (Daffodil) leaves

Hello, friends in the gardening world. Someone
accidentally cut off the leaves of my narcissus at ground level. I was
letting them die naturally to fertilize the bulbs, because I read that
was the right thing to do. Is there something, such as some kind of
fertilizer that I could apply to make up for the fact that the leaves have
been cut off? Will they ever bloom again? This year was the first year they
bloomed after a lot of labor to get the bulbs in last fall!

--
Marilyn

Old 04-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Registered User

Smile

Marilyn Hello, friends in the gardening world. Someone
accidentally cut off the leaves of my narcissus at ground level. I was
letting them die naturally to fertilize the bulbs, because I read that
was the right thing to do. Is there something, such as some kind of
fertilizer that I could apply to make up for the fact that the leaves have
been cut off? Will they ever bloom again? This year was the first year they
bloomed after a lot of labor to get the bulbs in last fall!

--
Marilyn

usually its good to let the leaves die back so that the good can go to the bulb but in this case i wouldnt worry what is done is done and im sure that your bulbs will bloom again next year with no really ill effects.
u might have flowers that are maybe a bit smaller than this years bloom but thats about it. good luck, sockiescat.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Marilyn

"sockiescat" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, all. It's great to have a place to go for
novice questions like mine.