Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
Matthew Reed

Default Apple tree advice needed

I have this huge old apple tree in my yard. Here are some pictures:

This is a pic of the top of one of the branches. Notice missing bark and
cracks:
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3743.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3744.jpg

Trunk:
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3745.jpg
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3746.jpg

Entire tree:
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...s/DSCF3750.jpg

The pics may not really give a good indication of the tree's overall health.
The leaves are warped, curled slightly. No new growth. Apples look good, so
far. Some of the branches have missing bark and cracks. I'm not sure how
healthy it is or how long it will live. What can be done to maintain and
improve the health of an old tree like this?

[IMG] code is On

Emergency advice needed for dying apple tree gillisfab Edible Gardening 1 07-07-2011 05:36 PM
Old apple tree drastic pruning advice Mook United Kingdom 8 06-08-2006 10:06 PM
Planting Apple Tree with bare roots - advice needed [email protected] United Kingdom 10 11-01-2006 06:36 PM
Advice on spraying my apple trees needed. Joe McElvenney United Kingdom 1 05-02-2005 03:06 AM
Apple tree advice plz. Stephen Goodall United Kingdom 6 13-05-2003 01:56 PM