Old 09-07-2006, 05:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default How to smooth the trunk of a windmill palm tree?

I have seen windmill palms where it looks like someone cut rings around
the trunk to make the trunk look smooth.

How can I do this for my windmill palm?

Do I need a special tool?

http://www.treehelp.com/trees/palm/t...s-windmill.asp

Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have seen windmill palms where it looks like someone cut rings around
the trunk to make the trunk look smooth.

How can I do this for my windmill palm?

Do I need a special tool?

http://www.treehelp.com/trees/palm/t...s-windmill.asp

Did you notice the words "Avoid damaging lower trunk and roots"??? Leave
your tree alone.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Huh

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have seen windmill palms where it looks like someone cut rings around
the trunk to make the trunk look smooth.

How can I do this for my windmill palm?

Do I need a special tool?

http://www.treehelp.com/trees/palm/t...s-windmill.asp

Did you notice the words "Avoid damaging lower trunk and roots"??? Leave
your tree alone.

And how many palm trees have you owned?

Old 10-07-2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have seen windmill palms where it looks like someone cut rings around
the trunk to make the trunk look smooth.
How can I do this for my windmill palm?
Do I need a special tool?

http://www.treehelp.com/trees/palm/t...s-windmill.asp

No doubt, you've heard of RTFM, Read The F Manual. Welcome to it's cousin
STFW, Search the F Web.
It's amazing what you can find, when enter "smooth palm trunk" in Google.
First link has detailed instructions on how to do it.

http://www.plantapalm.com/vpe/hortic...ticulture1.htm

-S

Old 10-07-2006, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Huh" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have seen windmill palms where it looks like someone cut rings around
the trunk to make the trunk look smooth.

How can I do this for my windmill palm?

Do I need a special tool?

http://www.treehelp.com/trees/palm/t...s-windmill.asp

Did you notice the words "Avoid damaging lower trunk and roots"??? Leave
your tree alone.

And how many palm trees have you owned?

Hey...I'm just quoting what the web site said. Avoid damaging.....

[IMG] code is On

trachycarpus fortunei(windmill palm) sphinx Gardening 3 03-08-2009 10:27 AM
Supply Sago Palm (Cycas revolute), Finger Palm (Rhapis ,Windmill palm (Trachycarpus garrytsen Marketplace 0 24-08-2005 01:11 AM
Windmill Palm question Paul Gardening 5 17-08-2005 01:08 PM
Chinese Windmill Palm Ernest Wesson Gardening 1 31-05-2004 07:03 PM
Unwell Chinese Windmill Palm Colin Spooner United Kingdom 2 04-04-2003 10:32 PM