Old 21-07-2006, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
yoggie

Default Celindra japonica

Hi there.

i have this species name but I don't know what plant is this and I
cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone recognizes this name? In
Portugueses is called celindreia.

i would aprecciate your help on this one. It means a lot to me.

Thank you all.

Old 22-07-2006, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
nonews

I did not recognize the plant name but thought it would be easy to find.
Wrong! This old Horticulturist is lost on this one. I could find a
Portuguese floriculture site listing the common name as Celindreia and
botanic name as Celindra japonica. Also found Talisman Celindra
(Alepocephalus bairdii) as a fish, Japanese sites list it as an eel. None of
my Horticulture reference books list the plant species. I also checked
several plant reference texts in Japanese without finding a listing of the
plant. You probably went through the same search as I did. Perhaps there
was a botanic name change long ago. Do you have any other information about
the plant? Where did you find or hear of the name? This may need an inquiry
to the Portuguese Floriculture site?

ps.com...