Old 11-08-2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Sorta "garden" related...

I'm looking for a gift for friends that just moved. I'm looking for a wind
catcher that I saw once, but can't find anything remotely similar. For
anyone that saw the movie "Twister" Helen Hunt's aunt had tons of metal
wind catchers in her yard. The one I want is copper with two side-by-side
wheels...each with vanes sticking out of the center, like a pinwheel. The
vanes are oriented such that one wheel spins clockwise, the other counter-
clockwise.

Any suggestions as to a website with similar "garden art"? I've Googled
'til I can Google no more, and can't find anything even close.

Your help is GREATLY Appreciated!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

anonymous wrote:
I'm looking for a gift for friends that just moved. I'm looking for a wind
catcher that I saw once, but can't find anything remotely similar. For
anyone that saw the movie "Twister" Helen Hunt's aunt had tons of metal
wind catchers in her yard. The one I want is copper with two side-by-side
wheels...each with vanes sticking out of the center, like a pinwheel. The
vanes are oriented such that one wheel spins clockwise, the other counter-
clockwise.

Any suggestions as to a website with similar "garden art"? I've Googled
'til I can Google no more, and can't find anything even close.

Your help is GREATLY Appreciated!

Have you checked eBay? It seems to become the junkyard for what a lot
of people consider "garden art".

Can you tell that I don't think much of wind catchers? But, to each his
own.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 13-08-2006, 01:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

Home Depot has them in NJ

--

Betsy
"anonymous" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for a gift for friends that just moved. I'm looking for a wind
catcher that I saw once, but can't find anything remotely similar. For
anyone that saw the movie "Twister" Helen Hunt's aunt had tons of metal
wind catchers in her yard. The one I want is copper with two side-by-side
wheels...each with vanes sticking out of the center, like a pinwheel. The
vanes are oriented such that one wheel spins clockwise, the other counter-
clockwise.

Any suggestions as to a website with similar "garden art"? I've Googled
'til I can Google no more, and can't find anything even close.

Your help is GREATLY Appreciated!

[IMG] code is On

Memorial Day ruminations, kinda sorta involving a pond Gary Woods Ponds 2 04-06-2005 01:45 AM
OT Sorta... Benign Vanilla Ponds 7 20-04-2004 06:13 PM
OT, Sorta: Dragonfly Nymphs LeeAnne Ponds 3 17-06-2003 01:56 PM