Old 14-08-2006, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plants Think it is a COLD summer in the NE!

It's mid August and the primroses are still in flower in my Western
Massachusetts garden. There are colorful pansies in the border in front
of the house, and my morning glories have only a very small number of
buds and no flowers.

This tells me that despite what I'm hearing on the news, we've been
having a cold summer here, not a hot one!

Anyone else noticed this?

--Jenny
Old 14-08-2006, 09:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jenny wrote:
It's mid August and the primroses are still in flower in my Western
Massachusetts garden. There are colorful pansies in the border in front
of the house, and my morning glories have only a very small number of
buds and no flowers.

This tells me that despite what I'm hearing on the news, we've been
having a cold summer here, not a hot one!

Anyone else noticed this?

--Jenny

No blooms on my morning glories and my tomatoes are still green. Last
night it went down to 12 C and I'm in Southern Ontario.We had two
really hot weeks in July but that's about it.

Jim

Old 15-08-2006, 03:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Well we got what ya'll missed I guess. Been hot as heck here and dry!
Highest average in a long time.

Last few days have been nice. We got several days of off and on rain and
stayed in the mid to high 80's for a change. I can even work outside a
little more now.

Elaine In GA
Zone 7b
"Jenny" wrote in message

--Jenny

No blooms on my morning glories and my tomatoes are still green. Last
night it went down to 12 C and I'm in Southern Ontario.We had two
really hot weeks in July but that's about it.

Jim

Jim,

Same here. We had night temperatures in the 40s a couple days ago and it
is forecast for the highs to be only in the 70s next week, too, with lows
in the 50s. This is usually the hottest time of the summer.

--Jenny