Old 17-08-2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Worm quest

Hi, I'd like to buy some worms to feed the Robins and
other birds in the back yard. I bought some mealworms
from Grubco.com--great site. But now I'm looking for
real worms, too, since mealworms are really the larvae of
beetles.

I remember seeing about a year ago on the Wisdom Channel
(a cable network) that there is a single worm farm that sells a
huge percentage of all the worms bought, but I can't recall
the name of the farm. Would anyone happen to know the
name, or perhaps offer your own favorite worm farm?
Thanks very much.

Old 17-08-2006, 07:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Built_Well" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I'd like to buy some worms to feed the Robins and
other birds in the back yard. I bought some mealworms
from Grubco.com--great site. But now I'm looking for
real worms, too, since mealworms are really the larvae of
beetles.

I remember seeing about a year ago on the Wisdom Channel
(a cable network) that there is a single worm farm that sells a
huge percentage of all the worms bought, but I can't recall
the name of the farm. Would anyone happen to know the
name, or perhaps offer your own favorite worm farm?
Thanks very much.

If you find these worms, how do you plan on feeding them to the birds? Just
curious what step 2 might be.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered User

Hi There
I am new to worm farming and i didnt know where to start but just wanted to give it a go. So thought i would have a search around the internet to see what info was available and couldnt really find much! However i did find a really great book to download which was incredibly informative and really easy to read. Now I am so excited as i have a better understanding as a complete novice and i highly recommend it to anyone starting out.
I found it under this website: Beginners Guide to Starting a Worm Farm

would appreciate any further advice from anyone.

Allotment Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Built_Well View Post
Hi, I'd like to buy some worms to feed the Robins and
other birds in the back yard. I bought some mealworms
from Grubco.com--great site. But now I'm looking for
real worms, too, since mealworms are really the larvae of
beetles.

I remember seeing about a year ago on the Wisdom Channel
(a cable network) that there is a single worm farm that sells a
huge percentage of all the worms bought, but I can't recall
the name of the farm. Would anyone happen to know the
name, or perhaps offer your own favorite worm farm?
Thanks very much.

[IMG] code is On

Do Earth worm castings contain worm egg Wylie Wilde Gardening 8 08-03-2011 08:21 PM
Do Worm castings contain worm eggs? Wylie Wilde Australia 11 08-03-2011 08:20 PM
A Quest for Fire...I mean...Potash BenignVanilla Ponds 58 31-07-2003 08:22 PM
Miniature Roses quest Linda Roses 0 05-05-2003 04:56 AM
Lemon Thyme Quest Paul England United Kingdom 7 18-01-2003 08:46 AM