Old 20-08-2006, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cobcord Grape arbor

FamilyNet International Newsgate

Ten years ago I planted several cuttings from a family homestead
arbor that has developed into a fine 8 by 10 foot arbor that
produced fine bunchs of fruit several years ago; but the past
three or four years have beeb dissappointing to say the least.

Last fall I followed some other advice to cut the branchs back
very heavily to foster more fruiting has been a dissappoinment.
I have been fertilizing with Peter's all purpase water soluble
plant food that works quite well for our tomato plants, in pots
or the ground. It is comprized of 20% portions of nitrogen,
phosphates and soluble potash.

I have known this varity of concords to be good fruit producers
for over 80 years. How can I encourage them to produce more please;

Stay young, OldAck

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Jury=12 persons chosen to decide who has a better lawyer.

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org

Old 20-08-2006, 10:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

If you do not desire imposing extra injury to your tree or vine- I highly
suggest
reading this book.
And do not use wound dressing.
Once you have read it you will be able to answer your own question.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/TPRUNING.html

You also would be wise to offer the tree other treatments that address their
requirements.
This book would help someone understand many treatments.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/MARBOR.html

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com

http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.

[IMG] code is On

Cutting grape vine after last grape bunch .. (yes..no...) ? MrMe Edible Gardening 4 21-05-2010 12:19 AM
Grape Arbor Matty U! Gardening 4 17-06-2005 08:42 AM
Need Handyman or Hobby Carpenter to build an Arbor Brian Martin Texas 0 26-03-2003 11:56 PM
Grape Arbor Wood Selection Henry Gardening 5 18-03-2003 01:32 AM
Arbor over fountain Twanger Ponds 2 06-03-2003 11:34 PM