Old 07-09-2006, 10:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tomatoes aren't ripening

FamilyNet International Newsgate

CR I have a lot of tomatoes on my plants but they are not ripening at
CRall,
CR The plants are about 5 to 6' tall now and get full sun all day long.
CRThe days have been hot and dry all summer and I have watered on a very
CReven schedule. The nights have been warmer then normal all summer as
CRwell, between 63 and 73.

CR They were all planted about Memorial Day.

CR I have never had this happen before, it seems that some would be
CRstarting to turn red by now.

CR Maybe I am just being impatient.
CR The cherry tomatoes are ripening fine though, these are the big boy
CRtype that aren't ripening.

CR Should I just be more patient or is there something else I should be
CRdoing.

And/or count your blessings !=) (Here in north-eastern New England,
pur relatively cool-wet spring and early summer has resulted in very
dissappointing yields. I am only recently producing any fruit; and
most of it has been in 5 gallen pail plantinga, Row gardening plantings
with simmialar sun and nutrician have produced little to none fruit 8-(

Stay young, OldAck

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org