Old 18-09-2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Wintering hydrangeas

I have young plants from cuttings just potted. Googling suggests
removing from clay pots and either planting outside or lying in a
protected area when autumn leaves are falling. Seems harsh to me.
Wonder if I could continue growing in sunny window or move to basement
(ca 60 deg. F) shaded window. Also have larger pots on sheltered porch
as possibility. Do hydrangeas have to go completely dormant?
I'm in Northern DE.
Frank

Old 18-09-2006, 01:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

oups.com...

http://ag.udel.edu/extension/horticulture/index.htm

Old 18-09-2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have young plants from cuttings just potted. Googling suggests
removing from clay pots and either planting outside or lying in a
protected area when autumn leaves are falling. Seems harsh to me.
Wonder if I could continue growing in sunny window or move to basement
(ca 60 deg. F) shaded window. Also have larger pots on sheltered porch
as possibility. Do hydrangeas have to go completely dormant?
I'm in Northern DE.
Frank

http://ag.udel.edu/extension/horticulture/index.htm

Thanks. My alma mater. Will bookmark, even though they do not have
much to say about this topic.
Frank

Old 18-09-2006, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have young plants from cuttings just potted. Googling suggests
removing from clay pots and either planting outside or lying in a
protected area when autumn leaves are falling. Seems harsh to me.
Wonder if I could continue growing in sunny window or move to basement
(ca 60 deg. F) shaded window. Also have larger pots on sheltered porch
as possibility. Do hydrangeas have to go completely dormant?
I'm in Northern DE.
Frank

http://ag.udel.edu/extension/horticulture/index.htm

Thanks. My alma mater. Will bookmark, even though they do not have
much to say about this topic.
Frank

Call them. They probably participate in the master gardener program: Really
old people who field questions from the public. Some of these people know
every damned thing about plants.

[IMG] code is On

hydrangeas Reba Gardening 3 30-05-2003 02:56 AM
Hydrangeas - purchase, info Kelly Garner North Carolina 4 13-05-2003 04:08 PM
Hydrangeas in Triangle BB North Carolina 2 06-05-2003 09:56 PM
Hydrangeas Ian Butler United Kingdom 20 22-02-2003 10:46 PM
Hydrangeas Jane Ransom United Kingdom 1 12-02-2003 08:36 PM