Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-09-2006, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What am I looking for?

OK, this is a long shot....

I'm trying to find the proper name for a plant that I saw some time ago...

It was called a "chinese dragon plant" but alas Google has not heard of
any such plant.

It was a hedge type plant, perhaps 2-3 feet high. I don't recall what
the leaves, if any, looked like.

Its most prominent features were the thorns. It sprouted an evil
looking, curved thorn about 1" or 1 1/2" long every few inches of stem.
When it did, the stem bent sharply in an apparently random direction.

I was told this plant was grown in China as a protective hedge, and from
its wicked appearance, I believe it.

In spite of its ferocious nature it was very graceful and I would love
to get one, but I can't find it....

Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be?