Old 15-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Melinda Tennielle

Default Has Weigela 'French Lace' already bloomed?

I bought this variegated Weigela for a big container, and I see online
that it blooms "early spring" - was wondering if it's already bloomed
for the year, or can I hope to see flowers yet? I bought it for the
folaige, but flowers would be a nice bonus this year.

M.
Zone 8, Seattle
--

B - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Melinda Tennielle

M10TVC15 (at) yahoo.com
Old 15-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Pam

Melinda Tennielle wrote:

I bought this variegated Weigela for a big container, and I see online
that it blooms "early spring" - was wondering if it's already bloomed
for the year, or can I hope to see flowers yet? I bought it for the
folaige, but flowers would be a nice bonus this year.

The weigela in my zone 8 Shoreline garden have only just budded out -
flowers aren't expected until mid to late May.

pam - gardengal

Old 15-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Melinda Tennielle

In article , Pam
wrote:

Melinda Tennielle wrote:

I bought this variegated Weigela for a big container, and I see online
that it blooms "early spring" - was wondering if it's already bloomed
for the year, or can I hope to see flowers yet? I bought it for the
folaige, but flowers would be a nice bonus this year.

The weigela in my zone 8 Shoreline garden have only just budded out -
flowers aren't expected until mid to late May.

pam - gardengal

Thanks, Pam; that's just what I was hoping to hear!
--

B - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Melinda Tennielle

M10TVC15 (at) yahoo.com
Old 15-04-2003, 09:20 PM
sam

In Melinda Tennielle wrote:

I bought this variegated Weigela for a big container, and I see
online that it blooms "early spring" - was wondering if it's
already bloomed for the year, or can I hope to see flowers yet? I
bought it for the folaige, but flowers would be a nice bonus this
year.

The weigela in my zone 8 Shoreline garden have only just budded out -
flowers aren't expected until mid to late May.

pam - gardengal

my weigela in portland, OR just opened its first blooms today - about 10
days or so earlier than last year.

sam
pnw z/8

Old 16-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Melinda Tennielle

Thanks, all, for the comments. Interesting how bloom times can vary.
About how long can I expect the bloom to last? Also, I noticed that the
plant looks to have been pruned back pretty hard; is this (I hope)
because it blooms on new growth?

M.
--

Melinda Tennielle