Old 16-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Stephen G

Default Tulip question

Does any one know the name of the tulip pictured at the link below? My
parents were given 6 bulbs about 35 years ago by a distant relative who
farmed tulips in the Vale of York. They are left in the ground all year and
each bulb produces offspring every year so they do need occasional thinning
out.

http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningfor...my_garden.html

Thank you
Stephen

Old 17-04-2003, 05:44 AM
gregpresley

Those look like Red Emperor tulips to me. They are practically a species
tulip, (very close to their Turkish ancestors ) and one of the most reliable
for perennializing. You could probably look them up on google and check to
see if the pictures match.

Old 17-04-2003, 04:56 PM
KatoKirk

I don't know what kind of Tulips those are but I just wanted to tell you that
your gardens are beautiful. What is the name of the purple flowers along the
walkway? I am jealous. Thanks.
Kirsten in Ohio
Old 19-04-2003, 12:44 AM
TakeThisOut

I don't know what kind of Tulips those are but I just wanted to tell you that
your gardens are beautiful. What is the name of the purple flowers along the
walkway? I am jealous. Thanks.
Kirsten in Ohio

Yes, I want in on the name of that purple stuff as well!

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
TAKETHISOUT budysbackagain(@)THAT TOO a-oh-ell dot com
Old 19-04-2003, 08:44 AM
gregpresley

I'm pretty sure the purple stuff blooming with the tulips is aubrieta - a
spring flowering perennial usually found cascading over rock walls. It's
blooming right now in spokane right along with the tulips, etc. It also
comes in pinks, reds, blues, and maybe whites.
"TakeThisOut" wrote in message
I don't know what kind of Tulips those are but I just wanted to tell you

that
your gardens are beautiful. What is the name of the purple flowers along

the
walkway? I am jealous. Thanks.
Kirsten in Ohio

Yes, I want in on the name of that purple stuff as well!

.
.
.
.