Old 11-02-2007, 09:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default How to deal with your wife?

I want to set up a temporary table in my living room to use to start
some seeds because the area gets all the sun, but my wife is against
it. She says temporary becomes permanent. How can I convince her that
this is a good idea? Seeds are cheaper than booze and broads,but she
does not buy that line of reasoning.

Thanks

Tom

Old 11-02-2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 11 Feb 2007 13:40:29 -0800, "
wrote:

I want to set up a temporary table in my living room to use to start
some seeds because the area gets all the sun, but my wife is against
it. She says temporary becomes permanent. How can I convince her that
this is a good idea? Seeds are cheaper than booze and broads,but she
does not buy that line of reasoning.

Thanks

Tom

Bring in the booze and broads, the wife will leave, then you can do
seeds to your heart's content.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

You might try "logic". Is your Christmas tree still where it was set up
"temporarily* for the holiday season? If it is you've lost. It isn't you can
explain this a temporary seasonal thing.....like the Christmas tree. You are
starting plants that go out in the spring, it's a once a year seasonal
occurrence, just like Christmas decor. Sign a contract with severe
repercussions if you end up trying to make the spot permanent. The 'booze
and broads' alternative isn't going to fly, as you have found out, silly
boy. Or you could get lots of catalogs and pamphlets advertising very
expensive heated, grow light equipment and leave them in conspicuous places.
This could also have her consider the temporary table the lesser of two
evils.

Val

oups.com...

Old 12-02-2007, 11:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 2007-02-11 21:59:48 -0500, "Val" said:

You might try "logic".

On WOMEN?

good point well made, can't really argue with you there. That aside however,
what helped when I built some raised gardens (not totally to my wifes
specifications I might add) was allowing her to select what grew in the
gardens. That way she could deicde the ultimate results of my labour.

rob

Old 12-02-2007, 01:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 11 Feb 2007 13:40:29 -0800, "
wrote:

I want to set up a temporary table in my living room to use to start
some seeds because the area gets all the sun, but my wife is against
it. She says temporary becomes permanent. How can I convince her that
this is a good idea? Seeds are cheaper than booze and broads,but she
does not buy that line of reasoning.

Thanks

Tom

Why do you need permission to do something in your own home? I never
can figure women out and how they treat men. Good men out there who,
as you said, don't buy booze or bang broads outside the marriage or
inside in many cases! Gee wiz, I wish I could tell you something
better.

The one idea I had is that you can buy some sheet plastic and build
yourself a seedling house with a small electric heater and small
enough to cover it up at night.

If this is any consolation, even though your dining table gets all the
sun, it is still not enough sun through the glass to give you good,
strongly stemmed seedlings.

Victoria

Old 12-02-2007, 01:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:54:32 GMT, Charles
wrote:

On 11 Feb 2007 13:40:29 -0800, "
wrote:

I want to set up a temporary table in my living room to use to start
some seeds because the area gets all the sun, but my wife is against
it. She says temporary becomes permanent. How can I convince her that
this is a good idea? Seeds are cheaper than booze and broads,but she
does not buy that line of reasoning.

Thanks

Tom

Bring in the booze and broads, the wife will leave, then you can do
seeds to your heart's content.

I'm a wife and I fully agree!
Old 13-02-2007, 12:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 2007-02-11 21:59:48 -0500, "Val" said:

You might try "logic".

On WOMEN?

Old 16-02-2007, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

women who dont have anything else to do. maybe their husbands wont let them work, go
out with their friends, who demand dinner at the same time every day, who knows.
maybe the idea of a bunch of flats on an antique dining room table when company
comes to visit doesnt cut it.

Jangchub wrote:
Why do you need permission to do something in your own home? I never
can figure women out and how they treat men.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan
Old 16-02-2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

I guess people love to torment each other for decades. There is no
good reason for either husband or wife to make any demands of one
another. I would be out of here if that were the case. There's also
a thing called plastic. It can go under the flats.

Better yet, he should buy a small greenhouse, which his wife will tell
him he can't do for some other reason. The beat goes on. Some women
are ridiculous.

Jangchub wrote:
Why do you need permission to do something in your own home? I never
can figure women out and how they treat men.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Old 17-02-2007, 07:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Why do you need permission to do something in your own home? I never
can figure women out and how they treat men.

Buy her a diamond. That will shut her up; at least for awhile.