Old 02-04-2007, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden soil prices escalate

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 00:02:07 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Last I read, the average income for truckers is about $40k.

Most truckers are paid by the mile, so in order to make a decent
living they drive WAY too many hours to reach their destination and
are prone to becoming addicted to amphetamines and other speed type
drugs. It's sad, actually.

If a driver owns her/his own rig, the rig can cost up to quarter
million dollars depending on what it is, and there are loans, road
fees, tolls, private medical insurance, etc.

It is not a great job unless you love being on the road the majority
of your time. I once thought about doing it with my husband as we
prepared to live full time in a motorhome, but we're not ready.

Point is, truckers have to drive a LOT of miles to make that much.
About ten years ago they made about thirty cents a mile or so. I
don't know what it is now.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

I am not crying at all. I was justifying the increase in prices. I am
retired. Remember?

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

"WOO HOO what a ride!"

BetsyB

"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
In article says...
I am retired Teamster and know that rising gas/fuel prices control the
prices of everything we buy. Most are truck delivered.

The pay the Teamsters make far far exceed the puny increase in gas
prices. Quit crying Chicken Little!