Old 12-05-2007, 05:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default When deadhead Clivia?

PS now I see that Catalina Island is on fire, too; and it is only May.
Emilie

)
OK, that did it! I'm turning you in to the Bush environmental police.
There IS no thing as global warming, as the Administration has often
pointed out (while granting environment destructive conce$$ions to its
oil/timber/extractive industries sponsors).

The early arrival of fire season in So.Cal. is, therefore, a low-down
Democratic political ploy!

Persephone

Oh no, not Shrub Security! Anything but that..Oh please I can change
Really I can:
We just had the "coldest winter in 5 years" he we had TWO
nights with 20 degree temps! So that proves there is no Global
Warming, the weather is getting colder, not warmer
mle anon

In my garden I have been pleasantly surprised at the things that
I thought were goners and frozen dead, but are coming back
from their roots: plumbago, euryops, a large split leaf philodendron,
and Justicia carnea. Even the Bird of Paradise might make it,
although it looks really terrible.
E.