Old 04-05-2007, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Using Plants To Make Us Happier

If we fill our time taking care of plants we can get rid of stress, it
is a scientifically proved thing. Taking care of our green friends
(the ones with leaves not Aliens!) we will discover new hidden sides
of our personality and will get to know better how to love and care
for others, firstly because a plant that we won't care for will die
for sure. Accepting a plant we are assuming a new responsibility, we
are adopting a breathing being.

Peace and Love Hippie Chick

http://www.hippiepower.com/using-pla...ke-us-happier/

www.hippiepower.com

Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Hippie Chick" wrote in message
If we fill our time taking care of plants we can get rid of stress, it
is a scientifically proved thing.

One of my favourite gardening writers (Jackie French - an Australian) had a
very tough, poverty stricken time at one stage of her early adult life. She
has written that at that time she decided that if she had all the flowers
she could possibly pick with whcih to fill the house, then she would never
feel poor. That thought has always stayed with me as it is so simple but
rings true to me.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 4, 1:01 am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Hippie Chick" wrote in message
If we fill our time taking care of plants we can get rid of stress, it
is a scientifically proved thing.

One of my favourite gardening writers (Jackie French - an Australian) had a
very tough, poverty stricken time at one stage of her early adult life. She
has written that at that time she decided that if she had all the flowers
she could possibly pick with whcih to fill the house, then she would never
feel poor. That thought has always stayed with me as it is so simple but
rings true to me.

That is very beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing that.
Peace and Love Hippie Chick.

www.hippiepower.com

Old 09-05-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 8, 5:24 am, Hippie Chick wrote:
On May 4, 1:01 am, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Hippie Chick" wrote in message
If we fill our time taking care of plants we can get rid of stress, it
is a scientifically proved thing.

One of my favourite gardening writers (Jackie French - an Australian) had a
very tough, poverty stricken time at one stage of her early adult life. She
has written that at that time she decided that if she had all the flowers
she could possibly pick with whcih to fill the house, then she would never
feel poor. That thought has always stayed with me as it is so simple but
rings true to me.

That is very beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing that.
Peace and Love Hippie Chick.

www.hippiepower.com

I get a lot of inspiration also from poetry people write about
gardening and even weeds! Just search for weed poetry to see a number
of interesting and inspiring poems.

There's even a poetry contest where you can submit your own poems
about weeds?

If you can't beat them, write about them!

-----
At peace with weeds!

[IMG] code is On

Happier than a pig in $%*( Roy Ponds 6 06-10-2004 02:01 AM
Crotons make for easy care indoor plants? [email protected] Gardening 10 16-10-2003 01:32 PM
Do you want to make your FISH happier 4 less money?? Sarah* Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 15-10-2003 01:42 PM
RESEARCH CONFIRMS CONSUMERS ARE USING FOOD LABELS TO MAKE HEALTHY CHOICES David Kendra sci.agriculture 0 16-09-2003 02:59 AM
Wal-Mart plants make me cry Judy and Dave G Gardening 9 06-05-2003 02:56 AM