Old 23-05-2007, 05:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What a recovery!

Hi again,

Some of you may remember a post that I made here back on April 10th. It
was concerning a freeze that we had here in zone 5 (extreme SE Iowa)
where it dipped down into the twenties and thus froze about everything
that was already up. The Hostas were the big problem, they just looked
like wilted lettuce and/or mush. I ask what I should do with them and
got varying answers so I finally cut them down almost to the ground.

Well, they made a great recovery and you can see some pictures at
http://www.crsales.com/hosta.htm if you are interested.

Don't ask how the Tree Peonies came out. :-(

Don

Old 23-05-2007, 08:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

"IGot2P" wrote in message
Hi again,

Some of you may remember a post that I made here back on April 10th.
It was concerning a freeze that we had here in zone 5 (extreme SE
Iowa) where it dipped down into the twenties and thus froze about
everything that was already up. The Hostas were the big problem, they
just looked like wilted lettuce and/or mush. I ask what I should do
with them and got varying answers so I finally cut them down almost to
the ground.

Well, they made a great recovery and you can see some pictures at
http://www.crsales.com/hosta.htm if you are interested.

Don't ask how the Tree Peonies came out. :-(

Don

You must be in Keokuck or near it.
The Hostas look great.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 23-05-2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

T r a v i s wrote:
"IGot2P" wrote in message
Hi again,

Some of you may remember a post that I made here back on April 10th.
It was concerning a freeze that we had here in zone 5 (extreme SE
Iowa) where it dipped down into the twenties and thus froze about
everything that was already up. The Hostas were the big problem, they
just looked like wilted lettuce and/or mush. I ask what I should do
with them and got varying answers so I finally cut them down almost to
the ground.

Well, they made a great recovery and you can see some pictures at
http://www.crsales.com/hosta.htm if you are interested.

Don't ask how the Tree Peonies came out. :-(

Don

You must be in Keokuck or near it.
The Hostas look great.

Well, I am not in Keokuck but I am only 30 miles from Keokuk. :-)

Don

[IMG] code is On

Need recovery! alabbe0405 Orchids 3 24-04-2004 08:02 PM
Ailing Masdevallia - any hope of recovery? Ben Durbin Orchids 4 10-11-2003 12:32 PM
Hurricane Recovery Help Please - I'm stumped royroy Gardening 2 28-09-2003 06:02 AM
Oak recovery Mike Prager Gardening 6 23-09-2003 03:06 AM
amazing recovery Ted Byers Orchids 2 21-03-2003 12:56 PM