Old 16-06-2007, 11:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Mulch that may have a fungus

Billy Rose expounded:

I thank you for the thought Ann but I done it.
It just makes me so angry that these wimps spew out whatever drivel is
in their tiny little skulls without presenting any reason for their
opinions. I could bite the guy's ankles off. Fortunately, the diuretic I
am taking has kept my blood pressure has kept it as flat as a board. If
anybody is interested, and I can't imagine why, I would be glad to
re-post the entire interaction. But if I go ballistic again, and you can
never tell when, cut me some slack, please, and figure I have a reason.
I'm sorry if I scared any of the tourists.

That's ok, Billy, we all have our moments, I've had plenty around here
with some of the drivel that's been posted over the years.

I hope you liked the Michael Pollard piece. That stuff about insects
going after the nitrogen, using sweet alyssum to attract beneficial
insects, and polyphenolics and soil composition just blew me away.

I've got to get that book myself!

I seem to be flip-flopping between life and death in my readings. I
bought Omnivore's Dilemma, so the rest is on hold while I read a library
book about American intransigence in the face of several genocides ( A
Problem from Hell).

This one, too.

Here, today I planted half a dozen each sweet alyssums and marigolds in
the garden, a pair of goldenrods, replaced a psyllium that had been
eaten, put down a first coating of alfalfa mulch on the corn, tomatoes,
and peppers (they are showing their first flowers), replaced a
Gynostemma pentaphyllum that had been eaten, planted my surviving
chamomile, re-potted two lemon balms ( they had doubled in size in one
week), replanted a dozen plants from germination trays, repotted some
lettuce for hardening off and planted a crook neck. I was soaked by the
time I was through although it was only in the low 90s. The misting down
in the morning and evening was a pleasure.

It's been delightfully cool around here, I've got so much done out
there, yesterday I planted some canary creepers a friend out in BC
sent me the seeds for, I replanted my carrots (some lousy something
ate every single one of the tiny seedlings! ), I've got all my pot
plants planted (no, not that kind of pot, lI mean all of the
ornamentals I plant out on the patio every summer), I've been weeding
and puttering all around out there.

Had our first beans from the garden yesterday. Finished up most of what
was there this evening. At least they didn't get away from me. How do
you do green beans any way? I boil them for 6 min., cool with tap water
and then lightly saute them with butter, parsley, and shallots or onions.
Pretty much depleted my lettuce. Need to let it recharge and get more
into the patch.

I always steam my beans, and sometimes I add some summer savory, it's
lovely with fresh beans. I'll have to try the shallots, I've got them
out there for the first time this summer. Sorta went crazy with
onions of all sorts, although I did lose all of my garlic (five
varieties!!) to the strange cold-warm-frozen tundra weather we had in
January and February ( Anyways I've got bunching onions out there
almost ready, Copra onions and shallots. Should be tastyQ

I'm sorry that I let you down. My address is above. You can check with
me anytime. Sorry Charlie played you along. We are in touch. He knew it
was me. If I break it, I own it.

You didn't let anyone down, don't worry about it. I do wonder
sometimes if a troll has taken over some people's ID's, it has
happened in the past, so I thought that was a possibility. Now I
understand, fuggitaboutit! G

But those vacuous, narcissistic, posturing, little weasels really burn
my toast.

Oh, they do the same to me.

Thank you for caring,

smile
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 16-06-2007, 02:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:20:23 -0400, Ann wrote:

I don't think all of the posts from Billy Rose are actually from Billy
Rose......

Ah. Are people still doing that crap? Amazing what goes on in
cyberspace. Either I'm maturing or people are simply dee dee dee, as
Carlos Mencia says. Ever watch his show on The Comedy Channel?
Old 18-06-2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

jangchub expounded:

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:20:23 -0400, Ann wrote:

I don't think all of the posts from Billy Rose are actually from Billy
Rose......

Ah. Are people still doing that crap? Amazing what goes on in
cyberspace. Either I'm maturing or people are simply dee dee dee, as
Carlos Mencia says. Ever watch his show on The Comedy Channel?

Maybe, hubby watches the Comedy Channel, I may have watched it and not
known it. I'm not much of a TV watcher, I spend more time in front of
this screen than that one - although they are in the same room! G

There's a package coming to you soon, watch for it.
Old 18-06-2007, 02:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:35:10 -0400, Ann wrote:

jangchub expounded:

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:20:23 -0400, Ann wrote:

I don't think all of the posts from Billy Rose are actually from Billy
Rose......

Ah. Are people still doing that crap? Amazing what goes on in
cyberspace. Either I'm maturing or people are simply dee dee dee, as
Carlos Mencia says. Ever watch his show on The Comedy Channel?

Maybe, hubby watches the Comedy Channel, I may have watched it and not
known it. I'm not much of a TV watcher, I spend more time in front of
this screen than that one - although they are in the same room! G

There's a package coming to you soon, watch for it.

Torture!!!!!!!!!!! What is it? How is your brug doing? The ones I
have in gallon containers are now almost 3 feet tall. Now I have way
too many, but I am going to maintain them as mother plants and next
spring I want to make a ton of money. I actually saw one being sold
at a hoi palloy garden center (which has been on Martha Stewart) for
THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!!! It was bigger than the gallon
containers I have, but not by much. Three gallon containers and about
4 feet tall with buds. How insane are people who'd spend that much on
a plant you can get for 12 dollars mailorder? Oh well. You should
check out Carlos Mencia. I laugh so hard I can't breath

Old 19-06-2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

jangchub expounded:

Torture!!!!!!!!!!! What is it?

It's a product of the garden ;-

How is your brug doing?

It's much slower than yours, the weather has just been reliably warm
for the past three weeks or so, but it's doing fine. Thanx again!

The ones I
have in gallon containers are now almost 3 feet tall. Now I have way
too many, but I am going to maintain them as mother plants and next
spring I want to make a ton of money. I actually saw one being sold
at a hoi palloy garden center (which has been on Martha Stewart) for
THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!!! It was bigger than the gallon
containers I have, but not by much. Three gallon containers and about
4 feet tall with buds. How insane are people who'd spend that much on
a plant you can get for 12 dollars mailorder? Oh well.

Actually they're selling one around here from some grower for $30.
It's pretty big, about three feet, well branched, should put on a good
show! I have no idea why people pay what they do, but they surely do,
why not cash in on it?

You should
check out Carlos Mencia. I laugh so hard I can't breath

I'll ask hubby to find it for me.