Old 21-06-2007, 02:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default It's time for another spit turtle...

"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

on the subject on water bans:
that's the problem with living in cities & towns. out here in the country,
all we have to worry about is the well running dry.

Yea, I know. I'd drive a well here if I had the cash, but it's about
$3,000, and that ain't happening anytime soon. The town water is
cheap enough, the winter water bill was $72. This summer it'll be
around $140. Not too bad for around here, those who live in a more
metropolitan area (up near Boston) pay ten times that a year. Now
there's where you really don't want to live!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 21-06-2007, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

You can hang on to your spit awhile.........
It's RAINING!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!
Suppose to all day they say, but we will see............

We got - now hold onto your hats - .07"! Whoopty-dam-doo!

I can't stand it. We seem to be in some kind of a pattern these past
few years where the rainstorms literally split and go around us here
on the South Shore. It'll be raining cats and dogs two towns over,
but not here! :::sigh:::: I'll be standing out there for hours
tomorrow with a hose again (water ban here, handheld only).

No doubt about it, nature has some strange ways. I was outside the
little village of Lussac, east of Bordeaux and near St. Emillion where
my host was going to barbecue our dinner. Naturally, being June, in
France, a hugh lightning storm appeared out of nowhere, our host said
not to worry because it would follow the river (Dordogne). As predicted
the storm stopped heading straight for us and veered off to the right
and followed the river. Doesn't seem like it happens like that in
California. If it is coming at you, you get run over.
--
Billy
Old 21-06-2007, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Ann wrote in
news
"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

on the subject on water bans:
that's the problem with living in cities & towns. out here in the
country, all we have to worry about is the well running dry.

Yea, I know. I'd drive a well here if I had the cash, but it's about
$3,000, and that ain't happening anytime soon. The town water is
cheap enough, the winter water bill was $72. This summer it'll be
around $140. Not too bad for around here, those who live in a more
metropolitan area (up near Boston) pay ten times that a year. Now
there's where you really don't want to live!

Our little town imports their water from the nearest big town. Our water
bill right now is running $170 a MONTH with more increases promised.
That's without any outside water use, car-washing, pool filling, etc. They
are also threatening to shut off sewer service to anyone who doesn't use
the town's water since more and more people are hooking their wells back
up.

Check back in a year or two and this place will be a ghost town with lots
and lots of unsold properties rotting away along Main Street.

[IMG] code is On

Since I don't know spit about roses........... [email protected] Gardening 3 02-08-2008 10:44 PM
Hillary, Osama & McInsane All Spit On the American Majority Ted[_2_] Gardening 1 17-04-2008 05:45 PM
Bug Spit on perennials Jenny Gardening 1 07-06-2006 03:51 PM
White spit on plants deepeddygirl Texas 5 15-06-2004 05:13 AM
spit Noydb Edible Gardening 3 14-06-2003 09:08 PM