Old 05-07-2007, 06:02 AM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens
RPS RPS is offline

Default Help: Best lawn sprinkler for city life?

peteinchicago wrote:

: RPS
: you're not too adept at anything are you

Does seem that way, does it not!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens,soc.culture.indian

On Jul 4, 5:11 am, RPS wrote:
If you have experience with different types of lawn/garden sprinklers,
please help a newbie here!

Which is the best lawn sprinkler for city life? We have a normal
Chicago backyard with a walkway in the middle. Also front lawns and
parkways, again with a sidewalk and walkway right there. This creates
tight spaces.

Frankly, I don't care about a few dollars. I really want the best, that
will last and let me control watering.

If you can suggest specific brands and models that would be great. For
stores, I only know Home Depot and Menard, so if they are not right,
please suggest the stores as well. THANKS!

If you make a halfway decent living, and like your lawn green, just
get an automated sprinkler system. Make sure they use Hunter sprinker
heads and controller and Toro valves. These are cheap - $2000 to
$3000. You will never have to bother with dragging hosese around.

Thanks bud

Thanks bud

Old 06-07-2007, 03:07 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens,soc.culture.indian

Default Best lawn sprinkler for city life?

"RPS" wrote in message
If you have experience with different types of lawn/garden
sprinklers,
please help a newbie here!

Which is the best lawn sprinkler for city life? We have a normal
Chicago backyard with a walkway in the middle. Also front lawns and
parkways, again with a sidewalk and walkway right there. This
creates
tight spaces.

Frankly, I don't care about a few dollars. I really want the best,
that
will last and let me control watering.

If you can suggest specific brands and models that would be great.
For
stores, I only know Home Depot and Menard, so if they are not right,
please suggest the stores as well. THANKS!

The best sprinkler is the one that puts the amount of water you want
where you want. Which means that the best sprinkler is not one
sprinkler. I use 4 or 5 to suitably cover the different shaped spaces
I water.

Bob

Old 06-07-2007, 03:10 PM posted to chi.general,rec.gardens,soc.culture.indian

"nonsense" wrote in message
RPS wrote:

My favorite. I've never seen one of these in a garage
sale or in the trash.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NELSON-LAWN-TRACTOR-SPRINKLER-SWEEEEET-RIDE-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ140133282431QQihZ004QQcategoryZ20 542QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I saw a really old one of those at a garage sale last weekend.

Bob