Old 06-07-2007, 07:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Leanin' on the garden's fence--WE GOT HEAT, WOO HOO!!!!!!

In article , madgardener
wrote:

thanks for hollering back. Always an honor and pleasure to meet another
garden fence neighbor. Happy knosching!

maddie enjoying the HUMIDITY!!

The handle these days is Billy. When I was William, I was much older.

I got two computers and 5 operating systems, so sometimes I'm not who I
think I am. But Jimmy, my big brother, calls me Billy, so that will work
just fine for me.

The knosching went very well, thank you very much. Tabouli, chicken
salad, cold fruit (peaches, cherries, plums, and strawberries),
mortadella, salami Toscano, pepperocini, cornichons, Kalamata olives in
brine, garlic stuffed green olives, and a seeded sour dough loaf of
bread. We settled for a cheap California chardonnay. Didn't taste like
much but no flaws and it was cold. Finished with chocolate, brandy, and
we split a bottle of stout in frount of the TV. The four cats and the
'Hounds from Hell" were circling around to see if there were any scraps
to be had but not tonight (no bones, poor kids). We listened to the
"Best of the Chieftains" while we ate on the patio, in view of the
gardens. (The Lovey-poo does the flowers.) Thank the Lord for color
vision, again.

Maddie, thanks for not showing any of the surgery pictures. We'd just
get into a gnarly gross-out competition. All jagged and purple. Charlies
been through enough lately. We needs to hold back 'til times get slow.

95 F was the official high here today, although it felt hotter and the
radio said it was the hottest day of the year, so I'm guessing 105.
Humidity is 65%. The garden looks as if it's on steroids. The "bird
house" gourd will be over the top of the trellis by morning (5" more).
It was doing and inch /hour earlier in the day. The melons are all
moving, even the midget in the shadows of the corn. The tomatoes have
put the pedal to the metal. The next to smallest has gone from 6" to 2'
in the last week. I have one depauperate "peche jaune" tomato.
Hopefully, it will get into the spirit of the moment. This is what the
garden was waiting for (Sun, heat, manure, and water). Yahoo. Here we go.

GET YOUR MOTOR RUNNING
HEAD OUT ON THE HIGHWAY
LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE
AND WHAT EVER COMES OUR WAY

YEAH I GOT TO GO MAKE IT HAPPEN
TAKE THE WORLD IN A LOVE EMBRACE
FIRE ALL OF YOUR GUNS AT ONCE AND
EXPLODE INTO SPACE

Comin' soon to a garden near you.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 06-07-2007, 11:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Billy Rose expounded:

Comin' soon to a garden near you.

Whatcha riding?
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Billy Rose expounded:

Comin' soon to a garden near you.

Whatcha riding?

VW van or my thumb;-)
Old 06-07-2007, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)

I'm the same way maybe worst. I'll make my morning coffee. Place in a
bit of sugar and milk and sometimes tilt the cup to be sure I added the
sugar.
I had some heart surgery about five years ago and was on the pump for
seven hours. General rule of thumb is we loose 10 % of our short term
memory for every hour on.
Currently playing Mahjong every morning in the belief I can get some
back. May be fooling myself but it is my nature.

Guess you folks know of The Chieftains Tears Of Stone

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

William Wagner wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)

I'm the same way maybe worst. I'll make my morning coffee. Place in a
bit of sugar and milk and sometimes tilt the cup to be sure I added the
sugar.
I had some heart surgery about five years ago and was on the pump for
seven hours. General rule of thumb is we loose 10 % of our short term
memory for every hour on.
Currently playing Mahjong every morning in the belief I can get some
back. May be fooling myself but it is my nature.

Guess you folks know of The Chieftains Tears Of Stone

Bill

GREAT cd!! send yer snail mail and I'll burn you some Celtic that will
lift your heart, tear you up (as in tears) and make you dance, even if
yer sitting down!
maddie who's addy isn't anything but what it is listed as

Old 06-07-2007, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
madgardener wrote:

William Wagner wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

[...]

No need to send me a cd but I'd like know what music you value. I love
new Ideas . One or two suffices as it may lead to others in time.

Bill who likes Patti Smith a local Pitman NJ Girl.

William Wagner
2304 Chew Avenue
Franklinville, NJ USA 08322

Below A example of a Celtic hit in Itunes. I've been collecting recorded
music since 1960. I've got Stevie Wonder's first as an LP. Whole
bunch of weird and wonderful LP's but still I'm trying to get my
possible son in law to take my new turntable.

The Winter's End 3:20 Liam O'Flynn Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
When The Snow Melts 3:56 Phil cunningham&Manus Lunny Celtic
Christmas Easy Listening
Wedding In Kotre 5:11 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band
Karma Circles New Age 100
"We Follow A Star" 4:57 Jeff Johnson Celtic Christmas Easy
Listening
Wandering Way 4:24 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas
World 1 4/4/06 7:03 PM
Third Carol For Christmas Day 3:58 Maighread Ni Dhomhnaill & Donal
Lunny Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Tara 4:34 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas World
Solus 3:42 Triona Ni Dhomhnaill Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Soillse Na Nollag 4:38 Altan Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Snow On High Ground 3:43 Nightnoise Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Snow 5:36 Loreena McKennitt Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Sliabh Russel/Come West Along The Road 3:54 William Coulter & Friends
Celtic Sessions Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:11 AM
Seacht nDolas Na Maighdine Muire (The 7 Sorrows Of Mary) 3:07 William
Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions Alternative & Punk
The Rose of Tralee 3:17 Nightnoise The Celtic Circle New Age
Pentangle Celtic-Wiccan-- The 3:41
Patrick Ball - Celtic Harp - Greensleeves 2:59 Gospel
Paddy's Song 3:41 Pentangle The Storyteller Celtic
On A Cold Winter's Day/Christmas Eve 4:07 Kevin Burke & Micheål O
Domhnaill Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Nollaig Na Mban 5:03 Cormac Breatnach Celtic Christmas Easy
Listening
Natasha 4:48 Sally Oldfield Celtic Spirits Rock
The Mists of Ruantallain 5:48 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic
Ragas World 1 4/30/06 6:43 PM
Mere Hamsafar 4:50 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas
World 1 5/27/06 7:20 PM
A Meeting Place Of Friends 5:48 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas
Band Karma Circles New Age 100 1 4/30/06 4:10 PM
Meditation - Celtic Trance - C 9:51
March Of The King Of Laois 4:57 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
Manipuri Megh 7:09 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band Karma
Circles New Age
the maid that sold her barley 2:40 deanta Celtic Wonder Celtic
King Holly, King Oak 4:17 Johnny Cunningham Celtic Christmas Easy
Listening 1 12/24/06 10:30 PM
Kaunsi Kannada 5:49 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band Karma
Circles New Age
Joe Banes/Green Gowned Lass 2:52 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:27 AM
iona - michael danna & jeff danna - hearts of space - celtic twilight 5
- 03 3:51
The Hollow Hills 5:04 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band
Karma Circles New Age 100 2 1/3/07 7:47 PM
Heroes Of St Valery 3:46 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 6 6/3/07 7:15 PM
Hearts of Space - Wiccan & Meditation Music - Sounds Of Nature~ Relaxing
Sounds With Celtic Harp& Pan Flute(1) 54:11 Hearts Of Space
Hearts of Space - Celtic Twilight 5 - 05 - The Lamentation of Turlough
O'Carolan-John Doan(2) 4:07 Hearts Of Space 1 2/20/06
5:04 PM
Hearts of Space - Celtic Twilight 1 - 11 - Ancient Pines (Loreena
McKennitt) 3:35 Hearts Of Space Celtic
Hearts of Space - 516 - Lights In The Dark - [Another journey into the
depth and beauty of Celtic music] 1:13:50 Hearts Of Space
A Gypsy Tale 4:08 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas
World 1 4/4/06 7:12 PM
The Grey Funnel Line 2:39 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk
Greensleeves Irish Celtic Harp Greensleeves (glass harmonica & harp)
3:09 Other 2 5/18/07 2:01 PM
The Goddess 4:53 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas World
Galician Carol 3:08 Carlos Nüñez Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Fig For A Kiss/Sergeant Cahill's Favorite 4:27 William Coulter &
Friends Celtic Sessions Alternative & Punk
Enya - Celtic Rain 4:36
Enya - Celtic Irish - Lord of the Dance - Riverdance (with taps) 2:22
2 5/18/07 2:31 PM
Dueling Chanters 2:53 Chieftains Santiago Celtic
Drops Of Brandy 3:31 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:24 AM
Dorset 4:32 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas World
Donegal Reel/Maids Of Mt Kisco/The Youngest Daughter 4:29 William
Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06
11:18 AM
Corn Rigs Are Bonny 3:00 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk
Clannad - Celtic Folk Harp - Scottish Love Song.mp3 2:23
Citi Na gCumman 4:59 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:07 AM
The Circles Makers 5:12 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band
Karma Circles New Age 1 3/1/06 3:04 PM
The Circles Makers 5:12 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band
Karma Circles New Age 100 21 7/1/07 6:08 PM
Ciara 3:00 Luka Bloom Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Chance Meeting 5:01 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas
World
Chance Finding 5:10 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band Karma
Circles New Age 100 1 1/3/07 7:52 PM
Celtic Wedding 4:07 Chieftains Celtic Wedding: Music of Brittany
Celtic
Celtic Myst 2:05 Clannad Caislean Oir
Celtic harp & pan flute Relaxing 3:08 Sounds of Nature Nature's
Relaxing Sounds (enhanced with celtic harp & pan flute) Silver Bell
New Age
Celtic Bagpipes - The Battle of Stirling (Braveheart soundtrack) 4:08
CELTIC - Pan Pipes - Instrumental - Flute Music of the Andes - Spirit of
the Incas.mp3 4:04 Other
Carolan's Cap/Hugh O'Donnell 5:28 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
The Briar And The Rose 3:23 Niamh Parsons/the Loose Connections Celtic
Wonder Folk
Brian O'Lynn/Star Of Munster 4:43 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
Boithrin Bui (The Yellow Road) 3:45 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
Bi, A Iosa, Im Chroi-Se 3:17 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:21 AM
Bhattiyali 4:56 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band Karma
Circles New Age 100 1 1/4/07 3:56 PM
Belfast Lasses/Moving Cloud 3:38 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
Barndance 2:25 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:13 AM
At the Edge of the Known World 5:05 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie
Celtic Ragas World
Ancient Forest 3:00 Clannad Celtic

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 07-07-2007, 06:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

William Wagner wrote:
In article ,
madgardener wrote:

William Wagner wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

[...]

incredible list below snipped.............

well, I love world music. Celtic, Reggae, Folk, Rock,Bluegrass, a
little punk, SOME classical, not much into rap, but even some that has
good words and a story or more poetry isn't bad, I still have about 2000
of my albums that range in tastes from Allan Parson's Project, Creedence
Clearwater, Camel, Zappa (about 24 of those, not all 69) Tangerine
Dream, ALL of the Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, about 9 Beatles, ELO, ELP,
Tonto's Expanding Headband.......Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray, Temptations,
Aretha, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Dylan, The Band, Grand Funk Railroad,
Chicago Transit Athority, Barefoot Jerry,some Allman Brothers, I love
Gov't Mule and Warren Haynes, I have all the Celtic Twilight cd's so far
(I think there are only six) ALL the Lorenna McKennett including the
Live at Alahambra PBS DVD, Loose Connections, Clannad, Altan, Cherish
the Ladies, Dougie McClean, Afro Celt, Poozies, Peatbog Faeries, Enter
the Haagas, Ashleigh McIssack, a HUGE assortment of compilation cd's
(two books of Celtic, two books of compilations, two books of female
artists. So far the cd collection is up to 13 books of more than 248 in
each zipper book.

I listen to David Dye on World Cafe coming outa Philly on WNCW,
Accoustic Cafe' I catch on Sunday mornings, enjoy This American Life and
sometimes remember to catch Cartalk when I remember...although I like
Bluegrass, eight hours on WNCW is a bit TOO much...but I LOVE Tim
O'Brian and Allison Krauss, adored and knew John Hartford and have eight
of his vinyl albums some of which the estate hasn't put upon cd
yet......all of Cheryll Wheeler's stuff, John Gorka (all his stuff) love
Bruce Cockburn, Leonard Cohn, Tom Waits, Ricky Lee Jones, Alanas
Morrisette, Paula Cole, Patti Griffith, Susanne Vega, Maria Muldaur (I
have lots of vinyl and lots of cd's of hers, as well as most of Bonnie
Raitt's, John Prine, B.B. King, Pine Top Perkins, Keb Mo', Muddy Waters,
Johnny Lang, Van Morrison the list is endless.........eclectic tastes,
yes. Nick Drake, Louden Wainwright and his son, Rufus. Arlo Guthrie,
the list is endless. My music collection is amazing but never complete.
There's always something else coming out or something that the college
kids don't know is good. I happened upon two Steve Hackett cd's I have
the albums to for cheap and I snatched them. The remake Beatles cd is a
must buy. I adored that it was done. George and John woulda loved it......

Not much for Sir Paul, but Peter Townsend still rocks the house. I also
like Zydecoe and Cajun, have lots of Dr. John....I could write the list
for hours.....gbseg by the way, Bellsouth is about to lower the boom
on me and cut off my ISDN line because I was irresponsible for the first
time in 36 years and ran up my landline to outlandish proportions, so I
will burn you a few cd's and send them your way and you let me know, ok?
going in for the second eye Tuesday and won't be able to lift a fart,
and they're threatening to shut me off the 9th......sigh.....you'd think
an old hippie and all round decent person of 54 would learn.......first
time I ever let my mouth get outa hand and couldn't pay the HUGE honking
bill.......made my bed hard and now I gotta lie in it. I'll be back
though. Just hate it as I just paid the internet, supernews fee, ISDN
line fee and renewed the comics on line stuff....crap......

later?

maddie whose eyes are Georgia roadmaps and I just wanna stay up and
write whil;e I can......
Old 07-07-2007, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 7/6/07 10:25 AM, in article
,
"William Wagner" wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)

I'm the same way maybe worst. I'll make my morning coffee. Place in a
bit of sugar and milk and sometimes tilt the cup to be sure I added the
sugar.
I had some heart surgery about five years ago and was on the pump for
seven hours. General rule of thumb is we loose 10 % of our short term
memory for every hour on.
Currently playing Mahjong every morning in the belief I can get some
back. May be fooling myself but it is my nature.

Guess you folks know of The Chieftains Tears Of Stone

Bill

Honestly, I think I agree. DH had surgery in Nov. last and some things still
seem off.
Hugs

Perhaps of interest.

Bill

http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/byp...a/pumphead.htm

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 07-07-2007, 02:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Leanin' on the garden's fence-- mostly

In article
,
William Wagner wrote:

I had some heart surgery about five years ago and was on the pump for
seven hours. General rule of thumb is we loose 10 % of our short term
memory for every hour on.

Huh? Oh yeah.

I'm glad to see that the barrowed time is being put to good use. I've
got kinda hooked on the story line, myself, and the first person
narrative really rocks. I look forward to the next installment every
morning. Even this morning, when I know that the story line is going to
be about lying in the dirt, under my wooden garage, battling wood rot.
Leest I'm on the right side of the grass.

Carp diem, baby, carp diem.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 06:45:37 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

Huh? Oh yeah.

I'm glad to see that the barrowed time is being put to good use. I've
got kinda hooked on the story line, myself, and the first person
narrative really rocks. I look forward to the next installment every
morning. Even this morning, when I know that the story line is going to
be about lying in the dirt, under my wooden garage, battling wood rot.
Leest I'm on the right side of the grass.

Carp diem, baby, carp diem.

Carpe serpo, baby, carpe serpo.

Crawlin' around under garages and other places the creepy-crawlies
inhabit. Have fun. Should've done this last year, eh?

Charlie

Got a reprieve until tomarrow. Five years ago, but then where would the
challenge have been. Anybody coukd have done it when it was still solid.
Pfff
Old 06-07-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:26:41 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

The knosching went very well, thank you very much. Tabouli, chicken
salad, cold fruit (peaches, cherries, plums, and strawberries),
mortadella, salami Toscano, pepperocini, cornichons, Kalamata olives in
brine, garlic stuffed green olives, and a seeded sour dough loaf of
bread. We settled for a cheap California chardonnay. Didn't taste like
much but no flaws and it was cold. Finished with chocolate, brandy, and
we split a bottle of stout in frount of the TV. The four cats and the
'Hounds from Hell" were circling around to see if there were any scraps
to be had but not tonight (no bones, poor kids). We listened to the
"Best of the Chieftains" while we ate on the patio, in view of the
gardens. (The Lovey-poo does the flowers.) Thank the Lord for color
vision, again.

I'll light the fire
You place the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Our house, is a very, very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy 'cause of you

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)

Chieftans, eh?

Rock on, Wild Man
CHarlie

well I love Celtic music as well. I record Thistle and Shamrock every
Saturday off the UT NPR station and if I miss it, the Eastern Tennessee
NPR station on Sunday..........then there's my three hours of Celtic
music on the best obscure NPR station in this area based outa North
Carolina and is on the web for a coupla years now.....I listen to
Richard Beard's "Celtic Winds" which he's had for over 15 years......I
got four cats and three dogs.......when I get cold, I DO have a three
dog night! LOL
maddie