Old 05-07-2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Leanin' on the garden's fence

Hey, Opa,
Mazel tov and welcome back to bare knuckle gardening. Missed you you ol'
coot. Christmases and Thanksgivings are getting more crowded at Oma's
and Opa's house. Have to grow a couple more spuds and a few more green
beans (Schnittbohnen sounds too pretentious;-). More memories have just
been cued up for you. Grand parents and grand kids were made for each
other. You have a common enemy;-) It's that period in between that
people take too seriously.

I'm sure as soon as the "Lovely" gets you harnessed up, you be good for
another 100,000 miles. Enjoy the trip.

Haven't quite figured out where you are. Lazy don't cha know. Is you in
the drought or in the floods? Mid-west seems kinda scary these days.
What happened to normal?

We just leaned into what we call "a heat wave". I figure folks in the
mid-west would think of it as nice summer weather. Just shy of 100 F
today. Worthless "bird house" gourd is doing about 4"/day and the melons
are showing some life. One of the water melons has had flowers for about
2 weeks now (here in region 9, N. Calif.). Had it protected with a small
tomato arbor to keep the "Hounds from Hell" from turning it into road
kill. The arbor was a might snug coming off and I lost one flower. I was
fear full it was going to girdle it's self if I left it on. It was
reachin' up and gettin' good Sun but now it can stretch out and explore
the top tier (the sunniest tier) of the garden.

I'm trying to grow some pole beans in amongst the corn too but not
having much success at it. A little runt of a melon is in there too, in
the shadows, and doesn't seem none too happy about it teether. The other
melons haven't been overwhelmed yet by the corn and are stating to
noticeably grow. You know how it is. You transplant somethin' and then
it just sort of sits there for awhile, taking it all in, and then makes
its' move.

This is my first year where most of the garden was germinated, chez nous
and the first few batches got fried when their germination trays got
left out, over night, with their covers on, not to be noticed again
until 1 PM. The garden is runnin' just a tad late.

Moved 4 sunflowers into the garden, yesterday, by the front gate,
without hardening off. Got two today. (Feel like I'm walkin' around a
dark room and finding the furniture with my shins.) Fortunately, we got
back-ups. I got the flax and psyillium (of "Growing Grasses" fame)
growing in the same area.

The Bitter melons are on board and moving up their trellis. They even
have a couple of flowers, so I guess I'd better start looking for
recipes.

Over at the snow pea trellis the peas are calling it a season. Not much
of a harvest from them. What I got was tasty though. I planted radishes
and carrots about 4" out from the line of peas. Again I came a cropper.
Small little weasely lookin' radishes and no sign of the carrots. Same
thing over in the 'mater patch. I got my line of 'maters. Then there is
a line of buschbohnen and between the buschbohnen and the steppin'
stones is another line of radishes and carrots, sans carrots and same
dinky radishes. Across the steppin' stones, up against the top tier, are
the mixed peppers. Most of 'em have a long way to go but just above
them, up on the top tier, faced with prunella, facing the the sweet
corn, across more steppin' stones, I have a line of jalapenos that is
fruitin' already, lord love 'em.

The sweet corn is showing some tassel and I've been tryin' to keep it
damp but of course now the county wants to whip water rationing on us. I
don't irrigate (drip and hand waterin') so I'm hopin' it will be OK.
Across a suddenly, reinvigorated dwarf peach, is a stand of dent corn. I
read that if you catch it young, if will make good sweet corn too. I'm
not too fussy. I don't really like the candy-sweet sweet corn. Sure is a
handsome plant though. Even if I give up on corn, I think I would grow
it as an ornamental.

Whoops, gotta go, Charlie. I hear rattling plates calling me "à la
table".

Nice to have you back.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 05-07-2007, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 19:02:28 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

Hey, Opa,
Mazel tov and welcome back to bare knuckle gardening. Missed you you ol'
coot.wonderful responses snipped and pruned but saved never the less

Thanks for.......and I'll leave us with a bit of wisdom from Nelson
Mandela that has been running around in my mind the last few days.

Care
Opa Charlie......again and yet to be

Thanks to both of you, Billy and Charlie for writing a wonderful
rambling and informative garden fence chat. I've missed those! Not
knowing either of you doesn't matter........I can see and hear the
goings on with the two of you. Reminded me of why I write and question
why I haven't written lately despite the bad luck and personal problems
and health issues.........soooooo, if you don't mind me leaning over the
fence and chatting with the two of youse, I'd be honored.

Garden note from Southeastern Tennessee and Faerie Holler is we're in a
dangerous drought and sparse spits of rain are just teasers. My raised
beds are hunkered down and miserable and I only water the container
gardens as they dry out horribly and plead for me to tip them out and
sink them into the ground so that the tightening soils would give the
parched overgrown roots relief. I put my "Aunt Ruby's Green" tomato
plants out too late.........I'll be lucky to get ANYTHING....I tucked
them into the front flower bed as it's the only place to plant things
that need full sunshine around Faerie Holler.

On an ornamental note, though.......the beautiful hosta's I purchased
last year in the wake of a bit of money and some serious sticky pot
syndrome are holding their own underneath the black cherry tree in the
before mentioned bed. Go figure. With the issue with my cataracts and
then the horrible close up vision, I'm kinda three way blind. But
yesterday I noticed that not only were the Japanese beetles not as
heavy, but the Blister Beetles WERE awake and voracious and eating the
Japanese anemone not only in the eastern Wall bed at the edge of the Not
So Secret Garden to bones, but moving into the larger portion of the
NSSG......I couldn't see clearly enough to do much good as they were
hatched and munched the leaves to bones during the nighttime, and I went
immediately to the Western bed and they were hatched and eating the
anemone's in THAT bed as well.......the pyrethrum that works is made up,
no spray bottle works around this house to kill the survivors, and funds
are beyond tight here. (even looked for an old Windex spray
bottle...where are these things when one needs them????)

Potted up ALL the daylily rhizomes from weeks past adventure to Mr.
Savage's incredible place he named "Dancing Winds" and boy it was about
time, too. Cut the leaves back and made up beautiful soils in the large
nursery containers I just can't throw away and then icy cold well water
afterwards when I placed them around the crowded deck off the kitchen.

Only a couple of frogs in Frog Holler in the BBQ pit fountain/gardens
this year due to squire rinsing out the trough completely trying to get
all the pumps for the brook and Greek woman with jar fountain piece to
work properly. He rinsed out all the eggs that were stuck to the cover
of the pump......sigh........only one magnificent ugly brown frog has
been spotted and I hope the clawed frog killer, "Piquito" the fuzzy one
who should be made into a set of slippers leaves him or her alone so
they can make children. I set out the ugliest goldfish this year and
kept the beautiful ones inside. They fill my heart with a smile, as do
the fornicating guppies of varieties now that amazed me. I'd forgotten
the joys of raising guppies......easy to see despite the cataracts, too.

Flowers are cranking out despite the droughts and lack of me helping,
but lordy, the vinca cares not a spit about lack of water or too much.
It just invades more and more and I fear if I don't get out into the
blasting heat and yank, I'll lose more than I realize.

thanks for allowing me a lean over the hedge. Sweet iced tea for those
who would like it. I also have a bottle of Michigan Sweet cherry wine
that could be chilled for someone wanting a bit more than sweet iced tea
gbseg

madgardener up on the ridge, back in a parched Faerie Holler,
overlooking a Hazy English Mountain where they've never raised Douglas
Lake at all, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 (we DO have figs again despite the
freeze that destroyed so much)
Old 06-07-2007, 12:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
madgardener wrote:

I haven't written lately despite the bad luck and personal problems
and health issues.........soooooo, if you don't mind me leaning over the
fence and chatting with the two of youse, I'd be honored.

Shore, pull up a fence. No scars though, and no pictures of scars. Lord
it is a hot one today.

All the melons are up on their toes and lookin' like they're gonna make
a break for it. And the "bird house" gourd will be over the top in the
next couple of days (7'). Everything else is just sagging in the heat (4
PM: 95 F). I know it's not that hot but we haven't been tempered yet.
Few more weeks and this will feel just fine.

Think I'll take a shower and make a run for it to the store. Tabouli,
left over chicken salad, lunch meats, cold fruit, and the last of the
blueberries with raspberry sherbert for dinner tonight. I'd better put
one of them cheap Australian chardonnays in to chill too.

Geronimo,
Old 06-07-2007, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Leanin' on the garden's fence--WE GOT A DOWNPOUR!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

William Rose wrote:
In article ,
madgardener wrote:

[...]

Let me formally introduce meself, there, William.....I'm an old regular
around wreck.gardens. Been here in and out of the patches and weeds now
for over eleven years. Came here as madgardener, showed my ignorance and
rear end sometimes when I was REALLY green in the netiquette areas and
signed off in terseness as "madwoman" until I learned candor and
demeanor and manners and now am firmly in the archives as madgardener or
"maddie" as I'm wont to sign sometimes. I am rabidly horticultural,
with bouts of SPS or sticky pot syndrome and apparently a newer and
lesser known affliction that I've had for YEARS now but was unsure as to
the identity of....OCTS.....Obsessive Collecting Tendency Syndrome.....I
ramble on at the jibs, waxing poetic and frothy mouthed about me faeries
and fliers and pollinators and critters that abound here in Faerie
Holler (Eastern Tennessee, near and in front of the Great Smoky
Mountains). I've contributed and talked to all manner of gentle folk
herebouts on this and the UK wrecked gardens newsgroup.

I know the in's and outs of all but the more extensive trees and lawn
grasses despite that I am considered a Master Gardener and Master
Composter by UT's standards (University of Tennessee based outa
Knoxville, Tennessee). I am more hands on learned, self taught and if
you were to see me cut upon a bramble, I'd probably not bleed but pour
out musical notes and potting soil.............been known to "be able to
take a popsicle stick and grow a two by four" but able to kill a healthy
and hail African violet with the merest glance.......

No scars nor photo's of scars. I've just had another summer of hell and
I deal with it as well as one can. My gardens go on with or without me.
The blister beetles I mentioned in the previous response are munching
as I write. I can't see to spray their blistery asses into writhing
death throes, believe me I would.....I adore my mantis, toads, lizards,
and wide assorted fliers, stingers and flutterers that abound with
increasing numbers. Some less this year than last, others more so.
Those white butterflies which are benefiting from the lack of the evil
red wasps with the black wings, yellow jackets and even hornets.

I can say that as of two hours ago, WE GOT A DOWNPOUR!!!!!!!!!!! WOO
HOO!!! DESPERATELY in need of moisture. I actually have many DEEP
PUDDLES in the driveway! The crickets are singing praises, the frogs
and peepers are thrilled and the resident frogs in BBQ Frog Holler
Pond/Trough are most likely enjoying the heavy humidity right now and
basking in it on the blue clay slabs that I use for bridges and sunning
rocks for them. Believe me, I danced for that rain and downpour. Poor
Craven Smeagol the cowardly dawg of the canine trilogy herebouts was so
taken off guard he didn't have time to throw coat or shiver his hair off
and no need of drugs despite all the thunder-boomers that came with the
intense storm. the rain was horizontal for 45 minutes blowing
sideways.......

My own heat of 97o today was tempered finally by the storms at 6 p.m.
EST and it's now down to a cool 72o ahhhhhhhh, almost worth opening a
window~ Right now I have parched phlox that were never cut back in the
mid spring to ensure doubling and not being so dang tall....daylilies
that are pleading for me to either lift them and put them where they can
benefit from more sun or have mercy and off them. (I can't off them, I
love all flowers, except the hateful Vinca major aka Periwinkle and it's
only when it's busy making miles of sinewy vines like now that I despise
it....it is intent on reclaiming every square inch of ground I worked
years to clean out. I pulled a vine today and it snapped YARDS away and
laughed at me...grrrrrr, maybe with the soaking tonight I can get out in
the mornings cooler temperatures and the asparagus fork and lift some
roots and dig out a few cubic meters of it and toss it into the pasture
for the bovine to munch upon. There's a thought! g There are over 20
black Angus with a few brown calves thrown in for measure that have
cleared the whole fence row next to my side yard and not one bit of
Vinca is left!

thanks for hollering back. Always an honor and pleasure to meet another
garden fence neighbor. Happy knosching!

maddie enjoying the HUMIDITY!!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Leanin' on the garden's fence--WE GOT HEAT, WOO HOO!!!!!!

In article , madgardener
wrote:

thanks for hollering back. Always an honor and pleasure to meet another
garden fence neighbor. Happy knosching!

maddie enjoying the HUMIDITY!!

The handle these days is Billy. When I was William, I was much older.

I got two computers and 5 operating systems, so sometimes I'm not who I
think I am. But Jimmy, my big brother, calls me Billy, so that will work
just fine for me.

The knosching went very well, thank you very much. Tabouli, chicken
salad, cold fruit (peaches, cherries, plums, and strawberries),
mortadella, salami Toscano, pepperocini, cornichons, Kalamata olives in
brine, garlic stuffed green olives, and a seeded sour dough loaf of
bread. We settled for a cheap California chardonnay. Didn't taste like
much but no flaws and it was cold. Finished with chocolate, brandy, and
we split a bottle of stout in frount of the TV. The four cats and the
'Hounds from Hell" were circling around to see if there were any scraps
to be had but not tonight (no bones, poor kids). We listened to the
"Best of the Chieftains" while we ate on the patio, in view of the
gardens. (The Lovey-poo does the flowers.) Thank the Lord for color
vision, again.

Maddie, thanks for not showing any of the surgery pictures. We'd just
get into a gnarly gross-out competition. All jagged and purple. Charlies
been through enough lately. We needs to hold back 'til times get slow.

95 F was the official high here today, although it felt hotter and the
radio said it was the hottest day of the year, so I'm guessing 105.
Humidity is 65%. The garden looks as if it's on steroids. The "bird
house" gourd will be over the top of the trellis by morning (5" more).
It was doing and inch /hour earlier in the day. The melons are all
moving, even the midget in the shadows of the corn. The tomatoes have
put the pedal to the metal. The next to smallest has gone from 6" to 2'
in the last week. I have one depauperate "peche jaune" tomato.
Hopefully, it will get into the spirit of the moment. This is what the
garden was waiting for (Sun, heat, manure, and water). Yahoo. Here we go.

GET YOUR MOTOR RUNNING
HEAD OUT ON THE HIGHWAY
LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE
AND WHAT EVER COMES OUR WAY

YEAH I GOT TO GO MAKE IT HAPPEN
TAKE THE WORLD IN A LOVE EMBRACE
FIRE ALL OF YOUR GUNS AT ONCE AND
EXPLODE INTO SPACE

Comin' soon to a garden near you.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

Like I said the zukes are coming on like crazy now. My sis-in-law has
started hauling them up to us also. She is ready to bean
bro-in-law.......he has plenty of room and plants more garden than they
or the rest of the family can use and eat. Good thing we like zuke
three times a day. Be glad when the okra comes in and we'll be
enjoying stewed tomatoes with okra, onions and zuchinni.

Simple Sauteed Summer Squash

I've always liked summer squash, particularly when it's small and
tender. This is just an interesting way to prepare summer squash that
goes nicely with a variety of main dishes. It's mild and very good for
you - enjoy!

* 2-4 small summer squash
* 1/2 tsp. dill
* 1 tsp. lemon juice
* 1/2 tsp. parsley
* 1 (smallish) clove garlic
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* olive oil (to coat pan)
* salt and pepper to taste
* 3/4 to 1 tsp. horseradish mustard
* pinch of curry powder

Coat a pan or skillet with olive oil. Add onion and garlic, cook for
about a minute, then add thinly sliced squash. Add the lemon juice,
dill, parsley, salt, pepper, mustard, and a little curry powder. Sautee
until the squash is tender, stirring often.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Billy Rose expounded:

Comin' soon to a garden near you.

Whatcha riding?
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 06-07-2007, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)

I'm the same way maybe worst. I'll make my morning coffee. Place in a
bit of sugar and milk and sometimes tilt the cup to be sure I added the
sugar.
I had some heart surgery about five years ago and was on the pump for
seven hours. General rule of thumb is we loose 10 % of our short term
memory for every hour on.
Currently playing Mahjong every morning in the belief I can get some
back. May be fooling myself but it is my nature.

Guess you folks know of The Chieftains Tears Of Stone

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 06-07-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:26:41 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

The knosching went very well, thank you very much. Tabouli, chicken
salad, cold fruit (peaches, cherries, plums, and strawberries),
mortadella, salami Toscano, pepperocini, cornichons, Kalamata olives in
brine, garlic stuffed green olives, and a seeded sour dough loaf of
bread. We settled for a cheap California chardonnay. Didn't taste like
much but no flaws and it was cold. Finished with chocolate, brandy, and
we split a bottle of stout in frount of the TV. The four cats and the
'Hounds from Hell" were circling around to see if there were any scraps
to be had but not tonight (no bones, poor kids). We listened to the
"Best of the Chieftains" while we ate on the patio, in view of the
gardens. (The Lovey-poo does the flowers.) Thank the Lord for color
vision, again.

I'll light the fire
You place the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Our house, is a very, very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy 'cause of you

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)

Chieftans, eh?

Rock on, Wild Man
CHarlie

well I love Celtic music as well. I record Thistle and Shamrock every
Saturday off the UT NPR station and if I miss it, the Eastern Tennessee
NPR station on Sunday..........then there's my three hours of Celtic
music on the best obscure NPR station in this area based outa North
Carolina and is on the web for a coupla years now.....I listen to
Richard Beard's "Celtic Winds" which he's had for over 15 years......I
got four cats and three dogs.......when I get cold, I DO have a three
dog night! LOL
maddie
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

William Wagner wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)

I'm the same way maybe worst. I'll make my morning coffee. Place in a
bit of sugar and milk and sometimes tilt the cup to be sure I added the
sugar.
I had some heart surgery about five years ago and was on the pump for
seven hours. General rule of thumb is we loose 10 % of our short term
memory for every hour on.
Currently playing Mahjong every morning in the belief I can get some
back. May be fooling myself but it is my nature.

Guess you folks know of The Chieftains Tears Of Stone

Bill

GREAT cd!! send yer snail mail and I'll burn you some Celtic that will
lift your heart, tear you up (as in tears) and make you dance, even if
yer sitting down!
maddie who's addy isn't anything but what it is listed as

Old 06-07-2007, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:52:55 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

[...]

Horseradish mustard........as a seasoning with summer squash.

Sounds lovely, I think this will be on the menu tonite

For brkfst we are having a frittata with lots of zucchini, onions and
mushrooms....more veggie than hen fruit. After the first cuppa, we're
beginning to feel a little more human. I'm tellin' ya, we old folks
don't bounce back from childbirth like we used to.

Charlie

bun still baking in the oven? oh well.....and in the comics's "Stone
Soup" Joan is late and about to pop herself.........(I also read
everything from Get Fuzzy, The Other Coast, LOTS of political 'toons to
keep abreast without listening to the news (that's what son is for, to
translate) For Better or Worse, reruns of Opus and Bloom County and
Geech, Barkeater Lake, Bizarro, Non Sequitur, Foxtrot reruns and
Sunday's, Zits, Sherma's Lagoon, Six Chix's, Mother Goose and Grimm,
Tumbleweeds, Crock,Crankshaft,A Lawyer, A Cop and a Doctor, 9 Chickweed
Lane (sigh.....he quit doing Pibgorn and I MISS IT) and a wide
assortment of stuff because I get three comics pages sent to my 'puter
every day....it starts my day off with a laugh or a hmmmmmmmm, lately I
got behind enough that the list of unread comics keeps me laughing and
catching up as my eye and heart heals......(not literally with the
heart, just emotionally, you understand g)
maddie
Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Billy Rose expounded:

Comin' soon to a garden near you.

Whatcha riding?

VW van or my thumb;-)
Old 06-07-2007, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
madgardener wrote:

William Wagner wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

[...]

No need to send me a cd but I'd like know what music you value. I love
new Ideas . One or two suffices as it may lead to others in time.

Bill who likes Patti Smith a local Pitman NJ Girl.

William Wagner
2304 Chew Avenue
Franklinville, NJ USA 08322

Below A example of a Celtic hit in Itunes. I've been collecting recorded
music since 1960. I've got Stevie Wonder's first as an LP. Whole
bunch of weird and wonderful LP's but still I'm trying to get my
possible son in law to take my new turntable.

The Winter's End 3:20 Liam O'Flynn Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
When The Snow Melts 3:56 Phil cunningham&Manus Lunny Celtic
Christmas Easy Listening
Wedding In Kotre 5:11 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band
Karma Circles New Age 100
"We Follow A Star" 4:57 Jeff Johnson Celtic Christmas Easy
Listening
Wandering Way 4:24 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas
World 1 4/4/06 7:03 PM
Third Carol For Christmas Day 3:58 Maighread Ni Dhomhnaill & Donal
Lunny Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Tara 4:34 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas World
Solus 3:42 Triona Ni Dhomhnaill Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Soillse Na Nollag 4:38 Altan Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Snow On High Ground 3:43 Nightnoise Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Snow 5:36 Loreena McKennitt Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Sliabh Russel/Come West Along The Road 3:54 William Coulter & Friends
Celtic Sessions Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:11 AM
Seacht nDolas Na Maighdine Muire (The 7 Sorrows Of Mary) 3:07 William
Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions Alternative & Punk
The Rose of Tralee 3:17 Nightnoise The Celtic Circle New Age
Pentangle Celtic-Wiccan-- The 3:41
Patrick Ball - Celtic Harp - Greensleeves 2:59 Gospel
Paddy's Song 3:41 Pentangle The Storyteller Celtic
On A Cold Winter's Day/Christmas Eve 4:07 Kevin Burke & Micheål O
Domhnaill Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Nollaig Na Mban 5:03 Cormac Breatnach Celtic Christmas Easy
Listening
Natasha 4:48 Sally Oldfield Celtic Spirits Rock
The Mists of Ruantallain 5:48 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic
Ragas World 1 4/30/06 6:43 PM
Mere Hamsafar 4:50 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas
World 1 5/27/06 7:20 PM
A Meeting Place Of Friends 5:48 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas
Band Karma Circles New Age 100 1 4/30/06 4:10 PM
Meditation - Celtic Trance - C 9:51
March Of The King Of Laois 4:57 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
Manipuri Megh 7:09 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band Karma
Circles New Age
the maid that sold her barley 2:40 deanta Celtic Wonder Celtic
King Holly, King Oak 4:17 Johnny Cunningham Celtic Christmas Easy
Listening 1 12/24/06 10:30 PM
Kaunsi Kannada 5:49 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band Karma
Circles New Age
Joe Banes/Green Gowned Lass 2:52 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:27 AM
iona - michael danna & jeff danna - hearts of space - celtic twilight 5
- 03 3:51
The Hollow Hills 5:04 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band
Karma Circles New Age 100 2 1/3/07 7:47 PM
Heroes Of St Valery 3:46 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 6 6/3/07 7:15 PM
Hearts of Space - Wiccan & Meditation Music - Sounds Of Nature~ Relaxing
Sounds With Celtic Harp& Pan Flute(1) 54:11 Hearts Of Space
Hearts of Space - Celtic Twilight 5 - 05 - The Lamentation of Turlough
O'Carolan-John Doan(2) 4:07 Hearts Of Space 1 2/20/06
5:04 PM
Hearts of Space - Celtic Twilight 1 - 11 - Ancient Pines (Loreena
McKennitt) 3:35 Hearts Of Space Celtic
Hearts of Space - 516 - Lights In The Dark - [Another journey into the
depth and beauty of Celtic music] 1:13:50 Hearts Of Space
A Gypsy Tale 4:08 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas
World 1 4/4/06 7:12 PM
The Grey Funnel Line 2:39 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk
Greensleeves Irish Celtic Harp Greensleeves (glass harmonica & harp)
3:09 Other 2 5/18/07 2:01 PM
The Goddess 4:53 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas World
Galician Carol 3:08 Carlos Nüñez Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Fig For A Kiss/Sergeant Cahill's Favorite 4:27 William Coulter &
Friends Celtic Sessions Alternative & Punk
Enya - Celtic Rain 4:36
Enya - Celtic Irish - Lord of the Dance - Riverdance (with taps) 2:22
2 5/18/07 2:31 PM
Dueling Chanters 2:53 Chieftains Santiago Celtic
Drops Of Brandy 3:31 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:24 AM
Dorset 4:32 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas World
Donegal Reel/Maids Of Mt Kisco/The Youngest Daughter 4:29 William
Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06
11:18 AM
Corn Rigs Are Bonny 3:00 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk
Clannad - Celtic Folk Harp - Scottish Love Song.mp3 2:23
Citi Na gCumman 4:59 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:07 AM
The Circles Makers 5:12 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band
Karma Circles New Age 1 3/1/06 3:04 PM
The Circles Makers 5:12 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band
Karma Circles New Age 100 21 7/1/07 6:08 PM
Ciara 3:00 Luka Bloom Celtic Christmas Easy Listening
Chance Meeting 5:01 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie Celtic Ragas
World
Chance Finding 5:10 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band Karma
Circles New Age 100 1 1/3/07 7:52 PM
Celtic Wedding 4:07 Chieftains Celtic Wedding: Music of Brittany
Celtic
Celtic Myst 2:05 Clannad Caislean Oir
Celtic harp & pan flute Relaxing 3:08 Sounds of Nature Nature's
Relaxing Sounds (enhanced with celtic harp & pan flute) Silver Bell
New Age
Celtic Bagpipes - The Battle of Stirling (Braveheart soundtrack) 4:08
CELTIC - Pan Pipes - Instrumental - Flute Music of the Andes - Spirit of
the Incas.mp3 4:04 Other
Carolan's Cap/Hugh O'Donnell 5:28 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
The Briar And The Rose 3:23 Niamh Parsons/the Loose Connections Celtic
Wonder Folk
Brian O'Lynn/Star Of Munster 4:43 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
Boithrin Bui (The Yellow Road) 3:45 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
Bi, A Iosa, Im Chroi-Se 3:17 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:21 AM
Bhattiyali 4:56 Chinmaya Dunster And The Celtic Ragas Band Karma
Circles New Age 100 1 1/4/07 3:56 PM
Belfast Lasses/Moving Cloud 3:38 William Coulter & Friends Celtic
Sessions Alternative & Punk
Barndance 2:25 William Coulter & Friends Celtic Sessions
Alternative & Punk 1 11/1/06 11:13 AM
At the Edge of the Known World 5:05 Chinmaya Dunster & Vidroha Jamie
Celtic Ragas World
Ancient Forest 3:00 Clannad Celtic

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 07-07-2007, 06:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

William Wagner wrote:
In article ,
madgardener wrote:

William Wagner wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

[...]

incredible list below snipped.............

well, I love world music. Celtic, Reggae, Folk, Rock,Bluegrass, a
little punk, SOME classical, not much into rap, but even some that has
good words and a story or more poetry isn't bad, I still have about 2000
of my albums that range in tastes from Allan Parson's Project, Creedence
Clearwater, Camel, Zappa (about 24 of those, not all 69) Tangerine
Dream, ALL of the Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, about 9 Beatles, ELO, ELP,
Tonto's Expanding Headband.......Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray, Temptations,
Aretha, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Dylan, The Band, Grand Funk Railroad,
Chicago Transit Athority, Barefoot Jerry,some Allman Brothers, I love
Gov't Mule and Warren Haynes, I have all the Celtic Twilight cd's so far
(I think there are only six) ALL the Lorenna McKennett including the
Live at Alahambra PBS DVD, Loose Connections, Clannad, Altan, Cherish
the Ladies, Dougie McClean, Afro Celt, Poozies, Peatbog Faeries, Enter
the Haagas, Ashleigh McIssack, a HUGE assortment of compilation cd's
(two books of Celtic, two books of compilations, two books of female
artists. So far the cd collection is up to 13 books of more than 248 in
each zipper book.

I listen to David Dye on World Cafe coming outa Philly on WNCW,
Accoustic Cafe' I catch on Sunday mornings, enjoy This American Life and
sometimes remember to catch Cartalk when I remember...although I like
Bluegrass, eight hours on WNCW is a bit TOO much...but I LOVE Tim
O'Brian and Allison Krauss, adored and knew John Hartford and have eight
of his vinyl albums some of which the estate hasn't put upon cd
yet......all of Cheryll Wheeler's stuff, John Gorka (all his stuff) love
Bruce Cockburn, Leonard Cohn, Tom Waits, Ricky Lee Jones, Alanas
Morrisette, Paula Cole, Patti Griffith, Susanne Vega, Maria Muldaur (I
have lots of vinyl and lots of cd's of hers, as well as most of Bonnie
Raitt's, John Prine, B.B. King, Pine Top Perkins, Keb Mo', Muddy Waters,
Johnny Lang, Van Morrison the list is endless.........eclectic tastes,
yes. Nick Drake, Louden Wainwright and his son, Rufus. Arlo Guthrie,
the list is endless. My music collection is amazing but never complete.
There's always something else coming out or something that the college
kids don't know is good. I happened upon two Steve Hackett cd's I have
the albums to for cheap and I snatched them. The remake Beatles cd is a
must buy. I adored that it was done. George and John woulda loved it......

Not much for Sir Paul, but Peter Townsend still rocks the house. I also
like Zydecoe and Cajun, have lots of Dr. John....I could write the list
for hours.....gbseg by the way, Bellsouth is about to lower the boom
on me and cut off my ISDN line because I was irresponsible for the first
time in 36 years and ran up my landline to outlandish proportions, so I
will burn you a few cd's and send them your way and you let me know, ok?
going in for the second eye Tuesday and won't be able to lift a fart,
and they're threatening to shut me off the 9th......sigh.....you'd think
an old hippie and all round decent person of 54 would learn.......first
time I ever let my mouth get outa hand and couldn't pay the HUGE honking
bill.......made my bed hard and now I gotta lie in it. I'll be back
though. Just hate it as I just paid the internet, supernews fee, ISDN
line fee and renewed the comics on line stuff....crap......

later?

maddie whose eyes are Georgia roadmaps and I just wanna stay up and
write whil;e I can......