Old 18-07-2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Need help identifying a plant/flower - 3 attachments (2/2)

"Denis B." wrote in message

You cannot attach photos to messages in this newsgroup. Just text. Post the
pictures at a free site like www.photobucket.com, then come back here and
post a message containing links to your photos.

Old 18-07-2007, 01:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:BXcni.12337
:

www.photobucket.com

OK, thanks, will do in the future

Denis
Old 18-07-2007, 03:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Denis B." wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:BXcni.12337
:

www.photobucket.com

OK, thanks, will do in the future

Denis

Do it NOW, if you want your plant identified. Do you understand that nobody
was able to see the picture you *THINK* was attached to your original
message?

Old 18-07-2007, 04:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:40:27 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Denis B." wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:BXcni.12337
:

www.photobucket.com

OK, thanks, will do in the future

Denis

Do it NOW, if you want your plant identified. Do you understand that nobody
was able to see the picture you *THINK* was attached to your original
message?

Some servers carried the picture, and someone identified it. Not all
servers block binaries from non-binary groups.
Old 18-07-2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

"Denis B." wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:BXcni.12337
:

www.photobucket.com

OK, thanks, will do in the future

Denis

Do it NOW, if you want your plant identified. Do you understand that
nobody
was able to see the picture you *THINK* was attached to your original
message?

Some servers carried the picture, and someone identified it. Not all
servers block binaries from non-binary groups.

Interesting. I stand corrected. Or sit, actually. :-)

Old 18-07-2007, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

.. .
wrote:

"Denis B." wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:BXcni.12337
:

www.photobucket.com

OK, thanks, will do in the future

Denis

Do it NOW, if you want your plant identified. Do you understand that
nobody
was able to see the picture you *THINK* was attached to your original
message?

Some servers carried the picture, and someone identified it. Not all
servers block binaries from non-binary groups.

Interesting. I stand corrected. Or sit, actually. :-)

No, Joe, you weren't wrong, the first picture didn't come through as a
picture, only as code. The second one did make it. Nevermind the
fact that pictures aren't supposed to be posted here........
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 18-07-2007, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

.. .
wrote:

"Denis B." wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:BXcni.12337
:

www.photobucket.com

OK, thanks, will do in the future

Denis

Do it NOW, if you want your plant identified. Do you understand that
nobody
was able to see the picture you *THINK* was attached to your original
message?

Some servers carried the picture, and someone identified it. Not all
servers block binaries from non-binary groups.

Interesting. I stand corrected. Or sit, actually. :-)

No, Joe, you weren't wrong, the first picture didn't come through as a
picture, only as code. The second one did make it. Nevermind the
fact that pictures aren't supposed to be posted here........

I got all of them. Why are we limited anyway? Is there a reason? Hmmm.
Or is it the trolls?
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 18-07-2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
Ann wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

.. .
wrote:

"Denis B." wrote in message
[...]

Some ISPs don't allow binary attachments because of the bandwidth required
when users begin posting huge files like porn movies. I don't blame them.

Old 18-07-2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Billy Rose expounded:

I got all of them. Why are we limited anyway? Is there a reason? Hmmm.
Or is it the trolls?

Well, I must have had a bad file, then.\

Rec.gardens is a text-based group. If people start posting binaries
here, there are many news servers that will discontinue carrying the
group. The alt.binaries hierarchy was set up specifically for
binaries, that's where pix belong (but you know that).
Old 18-07-2007, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:26:26 -0400, Ann wrote:

Yea, Newsguy lets binaries through, and I'm on high-speed, so I don't
mind them, butthose on dial-up (and there are still plenty out there)
really don't ^^^^^^^ like binaries posted here.

Waahhhhhh..........sometimes typos makes me giggle!!

OMG, sounds like some sorta episode in Billy's garden........Billy and
the Butthose.

Nevermind. Sorry.

Charlie, crawlin' back under his log.

Charles, you come out from underneath that dirty log this instant.

There's no question about becoming a proctologist. I run into enough of
those type without havin' to hang out a shingle. My god, where do all
the anal sphincters come from? Does sound cathartic though.

Old 19-07-2007, 02:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

Billy Rose wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:26:26 -0400, Ann wrote:

Yea, Newsguy lets binaries through, and I'm on high-speed, so I don't
mind them, butthose on dial-up (and there are still plenty out there)
really don't ^^^^^^^ like binaries posted here.

Waahhhhhh..........sometimes typos makes me giggle!!

OMG, sounds like some sorta episode in Billy's garden........Billy and
the Butthose.

Nevermind. Sorry.

Charlie, crawlin' back under his log.

Charles, you come out from underneath that dirty log this instant.

There's no question about becoming a proctologist. I run into enough of
those type without havin' to hang out a shingle. My god, where do all
the anal sphincters come from? Does sound cathartic though.

lol - you guys are something else...........
and to note: i guess i received the same as ann did, cause all i saw of
the OP was a bunch of codes
Old 19-07-2007, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:46:49 -0400, rachael simpson
wrote:

Billy Rose wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

[...]

What you got was the second part of the message, the posting software
split it into two parts. In the subject line you should see something
like (2/2). the (1/2) got blocked. It was necessary to combine both
parts of the message to get all three picture files.