Old 27-08-2007, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Jalapenos don't get hot if weather is not hot?

I had a neighbor say that jalapenos don't get hot of the weather is not hot.
I don't know if it's true or not, but my jalapenos are very mild this year.
Is this true about jalapenos? No hot weather, mild peppers? I might also
mention that my bushes are healthy and vigorous, and the peppers are still
young. They have every indication of getting quite large, for jalapenos.

Old 27-08-2007, 04:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
I had a neighbor say that jalapenos don't get hot of the weather is not
hot. I don't know if it's true or not, but my jalapenos are very mild this
year. Is this true about jalapenos? No hot weather, mild peppers? I might
also mention that my bushes are healthy and vigorous, and the peppers are
still young. They have every indication of getting quite large, for
jalapenos.

Not by my own garden. Last year, hot as hades here. Very little rain,
extreme drought. Jalapenos were very mild. This year, tons of rain.
Seasonably cool until last 2 weeks. Been producing for well over 2 months
now. Very hot to the taste.
Dave

Old 27-08-2007, 05:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Dave" wrote:

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
I had a neighbor say that jalapenos don't get hot of the weather is not
hot. I don't know if it's true or not, but my jalapenos are very mild this
year. Is this true about jalapenos? No hot weather, mild peppers? I might
also mention that my bushes are healthy and vigorous, and the peppers are
still young. They have every indication of getting quite large, for
jalapenos.

Not by my own garden. Last year, hot as hades here. Very little rain,
extreme drought. Jalapenos were very mild. This year, tons of rain.
Seasonably cool until last 2 weeks. Been producing for well over 2 months
now. Very hot to the taste.
Dave

Ditto. Mild weather. No days over 100 F. My ja-lap-pen-nos will
cauterize your mouth.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley

[IMG] code is On

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Love Thy Neighbour: was Don't get Mad get Even michael adams United Kingdom 4 15-04-2006 07:07 AM