Old 11-09-2007, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default weed-wrangling tools

I have used this tool for 4 years and it is a delight to use, gets dandelion
roots and the roots of any weed I've used it on, including crabgrass. No
stooping or bending at all. It's made by Fiskars. Do a google search for
Fiskar's uproot weeder. The link is to one I found on Amazon.com

Happy weeding,
Gloria

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-787069.../dp/B000F99IGI

sf wrote in message ...

I was watching HGTV this morning and was interested in one of the
tools shown in this link.
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_tools_eq...275036,00.html

This is the specific tool I'm interested in:
http://img.hgtv.com/HGTV/2006/02/16/...rongs_w190.jpg
Does anyone know where they can be bought? I don't recall ever seeing
one, but I wasn't looking for it either. His looks worn... he says he
uses it a lot, but I wonder if it is still in production.

TIA

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Persephone expounded:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:49:30 -0400, Ann wrote:

helco expounded:

A neighbor introduced me to one of those tools -- it's called a hori
knife -- and I hardly use any of my other tools any more. Nothing, but
nothing, gets stuff out of the ground the way it does. Yes, I have to
stoop to use it, but it does such a good job that the weed is far less
likely to come back because a bit of root has been left behind.

It also does all the other things mentioned in the link.

I use something similar and have found it to be absolutely
indispensible - I bought mine from A. M. Leonard.
http://www.amleo.com/index/item.cgi?cmd=view&Words=4750

This one is a lot cheaper than the "hori" knife earlier posted.
Wonder if it's a different mfgr or?

Persephone

It's the A. M. Leonard Co.'s house brand. It's plenty sturdy, works
just like the hori, I just love it and have bought one for my mom,
also.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
sf sf is offline

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:28:20 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:

Maybe you could write the show, or join their discussion group to
question Mr. TV Gardener. I've spent a bit of time searching the HGTV site
and the web, and not found it. Pretty irresponsible to show a gadget and not
mention how to get one.

I think you have also figured out that their forums are no more
informative on specific products than what I found here and it's
impossible to write the show. Yes, I came here in a fit of pique.
Thank you for understanding.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Old 11-09-2007, 12:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

helco expounded:

If you notice, the knife on the original site comes with a sheath and
costs $25. The one Persephone found is $16.99 but it has no sheath. If
you scroll down, there's a sheath for sale for 7:99. Same difference.
The sheath has a belt loop.

Persephone didn't find it, I did, and frequently A. M. Leonard will
offer the combo for $19.99. Just not right now.