Old 24-09-2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default HELP - looking for a flowering crabapple Columnar Siberian

Hi All,

I live in Portland OR, US and for the last month I've been calling around
the
local nurseries here looking for a crabapple, Columnar Siberian Crabapple,
Malus baccata 'Columnaris'. None of them has been the lest interested in
helping me, all of them want only to sell their own stock. What really
grates
is that this tree is one of the only 3 crabpple trees listed as acceptable
by City of
Portland for planting along the street. (ie: street tree) You would think
the
local nurseries would have it.

Anyway, the only online source I have found is
http://www.coldstreamfarm.net
which has the Siberian Crab but it doesen't say "Columnar" so I don't know
if it's correct.

I have found it in a Canadian nursery, but I would have to get paperwork
from
Dept. of Ag to import it, plus arrainge shipping through customs.

If anyone could provide any pointers I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Ted

Old 24-09-2007, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Ted Mittelstaedt" wrote:

[...]

Perhaps of use.

Bill

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3cn9fw

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 25-09-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

Did you try Al's in Woodburn, or 13th St in Salem?

Old 25-09-2007, 08:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ted Mittelstaedt" wrote:

[...]

I live in Portland OR, US. United States. Everything that
came up on that URL was Canadian.

Ted

Old 30-09-2007, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message

Did you try Al's in Woodburn, or 13th St in Salem?

I just called both places and neither have them.

Has anyone actually seen one of these trees in a nursery they would
recommend?

Ted

[IMG] code is On

Flowering Crabapple Suckers junkyardcat Gardening 2 04-04-2005 05:16 PM
columnar cactus - its a goner Cereus-validus United Kingdom 0 25-04-2004 03:04 PM
columnar cactus richard United Kingdom 5 25-04-2004 12:05 PM
Substitute for Columnar Buckthorn in Zone 4a? Bert Hyman Gardening 0 31-03-2003 10:44 PM
columnar/colennade apple trees nancy Gardening 2 26-02-2003 04:51 AM