Old 19-10-2007, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT Music and other stuff

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:00:27 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

I have a Runestone Holiday album. We start holiday stuff on Dec 21.
Well thanksgiving is sort of a preamble.

Every listen to "Mouth Music" ?

No, but I just read about them. Thanks. Scottish group. Described as
kinda AfroCeltic on some works? Something to keep my eyes open for.

Then my fav Rotary Connection Featuring Minnie Riperton.

Minnie could sing 5 octaves. I think that is the right term ? Notice
past tense.

Shoot, I didn't know she passed on. I had forgotten about her, and she
did have an incredible range.

A nearly unknown artist that has a similar range is Happy Rhodes...
well worth a listen and an interesting sad biography. Still living.

In the Music
Charlie

That is a relief. I look about my music and so many are gone.

I'll look for Happy Rhodes.

Thanks Bill

Here is some music I like to dance too. The Northern singers look like
70 year old folks at a seafood dinner. BUT when they perform I think
Plains Indians.

The other young guy (Ashley MacIsaac) has me thinking about a kilt.
(James Bond did too )) the real one in movie land.

Mo Run, Mo Nighean Bhoidheach 3:18 The North Shore Gaelic Singers A
Tribute To The North Shore Gaelic Singers - Traditional Songs From Cape
Breton Island Folk 100 5 6/14/07 7:22 PM

Beaton's Delight 2:31 Ashley MacIsaac Hi How Are You Today? World
100 12 10/10/07 7:18 PM

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 20-10-2007, 09:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/20/07 4:21 PM, in article ,
"Charlie" Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:31:48 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 10/19/07 9:26 AM, in article
,
"Charlie" Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:04:48 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

Posted like this so kill files can be adjusted. Please post stuff you
value that is TO this folks that have trouble with TO won't see it. I
sort of trust gardeners as folks of interest. So if you like some thing
post it.

Just in case some garden folk like it. Uh Uh

Man, this is to cry for.......

Runestone - Sacred Circle (2007)

(any Runestone is fantastic)

Care
Charlie

Interesting stuff

Cheryl

Glad you found it interesting. I had this on my mp3 player laying on
the desk yesterday and Grandson #1 wanted to listen. I was rather
amazed......he sat in his chair beside me for nearly an hour, listening
and not talking. He is four. Four year olds don't do *anything* for
an hour at a stretch. When he was done I asked him what he thought.
He said it made him think of things and he particularly liked sounds
that were "sparkly" to him. And he also liked the natural sounds with
the music. I was pleased, to say the least.

I noticed the other day you said you were going to pull some Jeff Beck
for your son. Was he impressed, as he well should have been?

Care
Charlie

Still have to find the disc.

Some how I ended up doing a random walk of other things I liked as a kid and
got to Petula Clark and Queen.....

Old 21-10-2007, 05:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 10/20/07 4:21 PM, in article ,
"Charlie" Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:31:48 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 10/19/07 9:26 AM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

Let's not forget B.B. King, James Brown, Carlos Santana, Edwin Starr,
Eric Clapton, Andre Segovia, Bach, Brahms, Beethoven, Andre Bocelli,
Chet Atkins, Django Reinhardt, and Manu Chao. Please lose anything with
an echo chamber.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley
Old 21-10-2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/21/07 12:48 AM, in article
, "Billy"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 10/20/07 4:21 PM, in article
,
"Charlie" Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:31:48 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 10/19/07 9:26 AM, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

I think I still have an old Tangerine Dream vinyl somewhere. Ditto Tubular
Bells.

I recently scored a copy of Jack Hardy's greatest hits. And Joan Armatrading
is on the iTunes account.

Cheryl

[IMG] code is On

Stuff they never tell you-vegetables and composting stuff Tuckermor Edible Gardening 0 29-11-2004 04:07 PM
[IBC] Wintering my boxwoods and other stuff - Zone 7 Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 08-10-2003 06:02 PM
Wintering my boxwoods and other stuff - Zone 7 Allen Bonsai 2 08-10-2003 01:12 PM
Old ponds that need cleaning and other wonderful stuff Mike O'Connor Ponds 1 08-09-2003 04:33 AM
Bird Nesting Materials and other stuff Susan H. Simko North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:45 PM