Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default OT Music and other stuff

Posted like this so kill files can be adjusted. Please post stuff you
value that is TO this folks that have trouble with TO won't see it. I
sort of trust gardeners as folks of interest. So if you like some thing
post it.

Just in case some garden folk like it. Uh Uh

Found this at http://www.echoes.org/blog/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMbQo...rch=music%20ch
ill%20out%20downbeat%20beats%20jazz

or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2gt49l

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 12-10-2007, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
William Wagner wrote:

Posted like this so kill files can be adjusted. Please post stuff you
value that is TO this folks that have trouble with TO won't see it. I
sort of trust gardeners as folks of interest. So if you like some thing
post it.

Just in case some garden folk like it. Uh Uh

Found this at http://www.echoes.org/blog/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMbQo...rch=music%20ch
ill%20out%20downbeat%20beats%20jazz

or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2gt49l

Bill

Can't post a recipe my ass.

Cherylıs Chili recipes

Anytime Chili * this is pretty quick and not too labor intensive.

For everyday chili - go get a pack of Wick Fowlers 2 Alarm Chili and
follow the directions * sort of. I use either ground beef or ground
turkey
Substitute a 6 oz can of paste for the tomato sauce. Use good beer
instead of water. I use 2-3 bottles during cooking. Mix in spices
If you use turkey meat, add 1-2 tablespoons of ground cumin. It makes
the finished product smoother tasting.

Reserve some beer to mix the masa in. Sometimes Iıll toss a chunk or
two of bakerıs chocolate and some cinnamon. It tastes like a mole sauce
and is great over cornbread or in tacos.

NOW if I want extra special, impress some one chili,

Fresh hot peppers - what ever you can find - a mix is best. I typically
use 5-8 varieties, 3-5 of each kind. Chop, seed (wimp) and toss them in
the pot with about 3-4 tablespoons of good olive oil. When the peppers
have wilted, remove from pan and put to one side. Keep those juices.

Onions 1-2 large yellow or white, chopped
Garlic - go crazy - I add a whole head or two
Wilt these, adding more oil if needed

Beef - 3 lbs cut into .5 inch - use sirloin tips, dredged in flour.
Using the same oil, sear the cubes a few a time. (the oil should be
smoking, or nearly so) Remove the seared chunks and add more until all
the beef is seared.

Put everything back in the pot and add

1 28 oz. Can Peeled Tomatoes - chopped or torn apart, juice and all
1 beer - I like darker brews for this....
A good shake of oregano, Cook at low simmer 4-5 hours

Serve with sweet cornbread and lots of beer.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 13-10-2007, 12:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/12/07 5:04 PM, in article
,
"William Wagner" wrote:

Posted like this so kill files can be adjusted. Please post stuff you
value that is TO this folks that have trouble with TO won't see it. I
sort of trust gardeners as folks of interest. So if you like some thing
post it.

Just in case some garden folk like it. Uh Uh

Found this at
http://www.echoes.org/blog/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMbQo...rch=music%20ch
ill%20out%20downbeat%20beats%20jazz

or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2gt49l

Bill

Have you ever listened to Andreas Vollenweider?

Cheryl

Old 13-10-2007, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Have you ever listened to Andreas Vollenweider?

Cheryl

Yup , I have a couple of his LP's some where. Harp music.

Here is a neat page http://www.1848uenn.de/ that I found over in

http://www.echoes.org/blog the other day.

I subscribe to Echoes at the below link. Lots of varied music.

http://www.echoes.org/online.html

Enjoy!

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 16-10-2007, 02:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/13/07 8:06 AM, in article
,
"William Wagner" wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Have you ever listened to Andreas Vollenweider?

Cheryl

Yup , I have a couple of his LP's some where. Harp music.

Here is a neat page
http://www.1848uenn.de/ that I found over in

http://www.echoes.org/blog the other day.

I subscribe to Echoes at the below link. Lots of varied music.

http://www.echoes.org/online.html

Enjoy!

Bill

I stumbled over him on NPR years ago. I still listen once in a while.
Cheryl

Old 16-10-2007, 03:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Obviously we are nearing a State of Perfusuion.

Scott Huckabay

http://youtube.com/watch?v=09jp8__om...elated&search=

Enjoy

Bill who found this on the echoes blog.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 17-10-2007, 05:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Charlie expounded:

BTW, how did your test results turn out and are your cold hands a
result of anything? Hope all is Obee kaybee.

I have goiters (that don't show outside - yet. As soon as they do
they'll be removed, that's fer sher!)

My thyroid levels have returned to normal, thankfully. I think the
changes I made to my diet (no more soy milk - it'll throw a borderline
thyroid right over the edge - a good whole foods based vitamin B
supplement, kombucha tea and an herbal supplement from TerraVita that
consists of Bugleweed, Motherwort and Lemon Balm that I take twice a
day) helped to stabilize the thyroid. My skin has plumped up again,
my hair is regrowing, and I've regained the weight I lost. Plus I'm
sleeping. All in all it was a learning experience for me, I know now
how important it is to watch my diet and notice the changes that
happen over time. The endocrinologist said to keep doing whatever I'm
doing but to check back with her within the year so we can keep track
of it over time. I'm hoping those goiters behave, I really don't want
to have an operation, but if things go whacky again and I can't get it
under control, then I'll have to do it. I can feel them; I really
don't like things like collars touching my neck, but they aren't
visible to the world.

Thanx for asking - now I'm going to get ready to go for my walk and
get outdoors into the garden. I'm another garlic procrastinator, it's
going in the ground today!

Hey, I don't want to die either.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley
Old 17-10-2007, 09:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

The music must pass on.

Music by Rudy Perrone

"The Language of Spirits"

Produced by Will Ackerman

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 18-10-2007, 12:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:45:56 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

The music must pass on.

Music by Rudy Perrone

"The Language of Spirits"

Produced by Will Ackerman

Indeed. I like both, have several cds by Ackerman in one of the big
boxes somewhere.

I'll pass one back to you. Not the same style. Are you familiar with
AfroCeltSoundSystem?

Charlie

No. I'll check them out.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 18-10-2007, 02:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Heard a true oldie and rarely played - Montana (aka Dental Floss) from
Zappa- on the radio. Oh, I laughed so hard...

Going to Montana going to be a dental floss tycoon.
Yippee I O ki yahh

Frank Zappa passed way to early.

Brown shoes don't make it.

Have you heard the Possibilities disc from Herbie Hancock?

Yes with people like Paul Simon, Sting, Annie Lennox and other friends.

Good Music!

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 19-10-2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Backstreet Bird

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YfesqyaMTiQ

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 19-10-2007, 03:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:04:48 -0400, William Wagner
wrote:

Posted like this so kill files can be adjusted. Please post stuff you
value that is TO this folks that have trouble with TO won't see it. I
sort of trust gardeners as folks of interest. So if you like some thing
post it.

Just in case some garden folk like it. Uh Uh

Man, this is to cry for.......

Runestone - Sacred Circle (2007)

(any Runestone is fantastic)

Care
Charlie

I have a Runestone Holiday album. We start holiday stuff on Dec 21.
Well thanksgiving is sort of a preamble.

Every listen to "Mouth Music" ?

Then my fav Rotary Connection Featuring Minnie Riperton.

Minnie could sing 5 octaves. I think that is the right term ? Notice
past tense.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

[IMG] code is On

Stuff they never tell you-vegetables and composting stuff Tuckermor Edible Gardening 0 29-11-2004 04:07 PM
[IBC] Wintering my boxwoods and other stuff - Zone 7 Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 08-10-2003 06:02 PM
Wintering my boxwoods and other stuff - Zone 7 Allen Bonsai 2 08-10-2003 01:12 PM
Old ponds that need cleaning and other wonderful stuff Mike O'Connor Ponds 1 08-09-2003 04:33 AM
Bird Nesting Materials and other stuff Susan H. Simko North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:45 PM