Old 02-11-2007, 11:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Awful Quite, What's Everyone Up To?

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 11/1/07 12:24 PM, in article
, "enigma"
wrote:
i don't have it in roving. i can sort of make it into
batts... it's a bit long stapled for my carder! i have a
large cement mixing tub of a nice red off of Perl in the
wood room. i can probably get some usable white off of
Cisco when i get to him too. he's a dilute Appy though, so
there will be some red mixed in. this stuff felts great
though!

I'd like some if you won't use/sell it all..

ok. i tend to hand it out whenever i can. i really should
practice my spinning, but i get off on tangents (like deciding
i need to paint the whole interior of this place... know
anything that'll strip milk paint?)

Do you use the beans (from the hind end) straight in the
garden or compost them some first?

the beans need to be at least run through a shredder before
use. straight beans in the garden will be beans for years... i
tried that. the shredded ones break down & make great
fertilizer. they're not "hot" so they don't need composting.
lee
Old 02-11-2007, 01:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 11/2/07 7:36 AM, in article ,
"enigma" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 11/1/07 12:24 PM, in article
, "enigma"
wrote:
i don't have it in roving. i can sort of make it into
batts... it's a bit long stapled for my carder! i have a
large cement mixing tub of a nice red off of Perl in the
wood room. i can probably get some usable white off of
Cisco when i get to him too. he's a dilute Appy though, so
there will be some red mixed in. this stuff felts great
though!

I'd like some if you won't use/sell it all..

ok. i tend to hand it out whenever i can.

Cool!
i really should
practice my spinning, but i get off on tangents

I know that problem
(like deciding
i need to paint the whole interior of this place... know
anything that'll strip milk paint?)

Ammonia is the only thing that removes old milk paint, sometimes found on
antiques. It is very effective, but the fumes are very strong; it should
never be used without a breathing mask or, preferably, a respirator. Ammonia
also darkens wood; fumed oak has been ammonia-treated. If you must use
ammonia, work outside, and keep children and pets away. Rub the ammonia on
and the finish off with medium-grade steel wool.
(from http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to...furniture3.htm)

Do you use the beans (from the hind end) straight in the
garden or compost them some first?

the beans need to be at least run through a shredder before
use. straight beans in the garden will be beans for years... i
tried that. the shredded ones break down & make great
fertilizer. they're not "hot" so they don't need composting.
lee

I was told to soak them for several weeks in open buckets. Sort of did the
job. I've dug them in too or added them to the compost bins.

[IMG] code is On

Is it just my bad gardening (planting my tomatoes out too late) orhas the weather just been awful for growing peppers and tomates furlow United Kingdom 16 02-09-2010 07:23 PM
awful invasive matting creeper 0tterbot Australia 2 25-02-2007 10:27 AM
My awful lawn gary foster Lawns 7 20-04-2006 11:39 AM
This is awful! Helena Handbasket Bonsai 1 20-05-2005 10:02 PM
That new Garden Prog awful MG United Kingdom 15 24-03-2003 10:44 PM